Canada
Windsor
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Unapologetic Continual Troublemaker!
mbmbmbmbmb
uniconfis wrote:
Batch 1 of my hellbats. The other 3 are green and not done yet. I'm not sure I like the color I chose for the mouth. I might pick something different for the green ones. But, they look great at tabletop distance and that's what I'm going for

Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shaun Austin
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
designer
I can still beat the Nemesis Beast!
badge
Solo Gamer
mbmbmbmbmb
I decided to take on some of the miniatures from the intricate Tail Feathers

Here is the first set of miniatures complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Any thoughts on the brushes listed in this thread? I ordered a set.

[Amazon] Winsor & Newton Series 7 - 4 brush set (0,1,2,3) $17.50 *1-4 months shipping*
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I ordered a set as well. The price is excellent. I have two of them already, and they're very good. (not that I'm an expert).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kerskine wrote:
I ordered a set as well. The price is excellent. I have two of them already, and they're very good. (not that I'm an expert).
That's all I need to know. Thanks Kevin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
I miss my boy :(
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:

I'm working my way through my Imperial Assault mini's collection. I currently own 67, with 3 more on my wishlist. So 70 will be the number to paint, and I am about a third of the way there. They should be all done by year end.

Started and finished this one today, Loku Kanoloa from Return To Hoth:

Awesone pic. The sniper slings from the shadows, because this time.... he's laid the TRAP!

<Queue the Caruso YEAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH! >
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Tennison
United States
Lawndale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jvdv wrote:

I'm working my way through my Imperial Assault mini's collection. I currently own 67, with 3 more on my wishlist. So 70 will be the number to paint, and I am about a third of the way there. They should be all done by year end.

Started and finished this one today, Loku Kanoloa from Return To Hoth:

That looks soooo amazing! I want to do my Imperial Assault minis soon. We are playing the campaign this year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
amethyst246 wrote:

That looks soooo amazing! I want to do my Imperial Assault minis soon. We are playing the campaign this year.
Stephanie,
check out Sorastros painting guides at YouTube!
They are especially aimed towards new IA painters and are awesome
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephanie Tennison
United States
Lawndale
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Muad Dib wrote:
amethyst246 wrote:

Stephanie,
check out Sorastros painting guides at YouTube!
They are especially aimed towards new IA painters and are awesome

Thank you! I will
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Today while painting the SoB zombies I experienced some eye strain. My lighting is not very good. Any suggestions on a sub $50 light?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I love my Ott lights - not sure what the full price is, but they're worth it. I got mine several years ago. These days you can get ones with eco-friendly bulbs. I know Michael's craft store carries them and you can often get a 50% off coupon. These lights simulate natural light.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I use a head lamp. I have a desk lamp for close lighting and to assist drying when I don't use a dryer, but I always use a head lamp, it works perfectly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Erskine
United States
Alexandria
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just looking at a magnifying headlamp since my eyesight isn't great. Got any recommendations?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
I use a head lamp. I have a desk lamp for close lighting and to assist drying when I don't use a dryer, but I always use a head lamp, it works perfectly.
Ooh. I have a head lamp. I should use it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
agramore wrote:
I love my Ott lights - not sure what the full price is, but they're worth it. I got mine several years ago. These days you can get ones with eco-friendly bulbs. I know Michael's craft store carries them and you can often get a 50% off coupon. These lights simulate natural light.
Thanks, do you know the model number by chance? I've heard good things about those lamps. Fairly inexpensive too.

Longbombed wrote:
I need to find mine now. That's a great idea.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave B
United States
Tigard
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The Ott lights I have are the kinds that stand flat on a table/desk and fold up/down to turn on/off, with a handle at the top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tracy Baker
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Make sure you never pay full price for an Ott light. Wait for a 50% off coupon at a place that sells them or look for them on the clearance racks at your friendly neighborhood craft stores. They often get moved out to make room for the new models.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Sherman
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I had an Ott Lite in my hand at Micheals today with a 50% coupon until I looked up Amazon reviews for that model. They had it cheaper than Michael's even with the coupon so I'll be ordering it next week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brock Poulsen
United States
Boise
Id
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I took the plunge! Last night I painted up 4 of the zombie minis from Zombie 15', my first minis I've ever painted! I think they turned out pretty well. I'll try to post some pictures tonight.

For those who are curious, I bought some $1 craft paints and decent quality brushes at JoAnn's. I'm already noticing some scuffing, so I'll need to pick up a spray sealant to keep them looking nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Pilkus
United States
South Riding
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings! I have a quick question for everyone:

Is anyone familiar with Kingdom Death: Monster? I'm excited by the game play, especially the fact that it's solitaire perfect. To that end, I'm looking for some advice from those with greater experience in the areas of both assembling and painting miniatures.

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Cheers,
Joe
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C.
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is my AT-ST from the Star Wars: Imperial Assault core set. I finished painting it over the weekend and took this picture right before it started to snow.

Inspired by the tutorial on Sorastros Painting Channel, I went for a battle-worn/dirty look for the vehicle. Its probably the biggest miniature i've painted so far and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Mayes
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
“Whilst I count my schnookels”
mbmbmbmbmb
That looks awesome, Chris! I love the battle damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hal Martin
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
Love my Oilers!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
couchoud wrote:
Here is my AT-ST from the Star Wars: Imperial Assault core set. I finished painting it over the weekend and took this picture right before it started to snow.

Inspired by the tutorial on Sorastros Painting Channel, I went for a battle-worn/dirty look for the vehicle. Its probably the biggest miniature i've painted so far and I'm pretty happy with the way it turned out.

Fantastic, Chris. Very good! Sending my 2 AT-STs to you tomorrow morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C.
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Malaiser wrote:
That looks awesome, Chris! I love the battle damage.

Thanks, Ryan. Adding weather/damage effects is my favorite part of miniature painting. It really adds a lot of character and helps to hide my many mistakes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris C.
United States
Yardley
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Longbombed wrote:
couchoud wrote:

Fantastic, Chris. Very good! Sending my 2 AT-STs to you tomorrow morning.

Sounds good. I'll have them both ready for you by Friday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
[1]  Prev «  3 , 4 , 5 , 6 , 7  Next »  [279] |