Popular Tags: [View All]
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi guys,

Every now and then I run into a missing alternate name (a Dutch name for an english or german game mostly). I know how to add a game to the BGG database, and have done that a number of times, but I know the alternate name shouldnt be a new game entry.
However, I don't see an option somewhere to add an alternative name to an existing boardgame entry. Can someone please tell me how to do this?

Kind regards,
Olaf

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Never would have found that by myself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have a HABA game with 5 alternate titles, all of the titles correspond to the existing version.

If we're talking about a new title because it's for a different edition, it's preferred that you add the name for the Dutch edition by adding a version entry. Alternate names should correspond to one of the version entries on the version list.

The name (and publisher) will float up to the game's header. You do not have to add them separately.

This is more efficient; it saves corrections that duplicate effort (for both of us) and saves the possibility of alternate names in the header that don't correspond to a version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Wurtsboro
NY
flag msg tools
admin
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moved to BGG Help and How-To.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
indigopotter wrote:
If you have a HABA game with 5 alternate titles, all of the titles correspond to the existing version.

If we're talking about a new title because it's for a different edition, it's preferred that you add the name for the Dutch edition by adding a version entry. Alternate names should correspond to one of the version entries on the version list.

The name (and publisher) will float up to the game's header. You do not have to add them separately.

This is more efficient; it saves corrections that duplicate effort (for both of us) and saves the possibility of alternate names in the header that don't correspond to a version.

Okidoki!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Olaf Slomp
Netherlands
Moerkapelle
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Done!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.