Subject: General Comment rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
BGG Admin
United States
Unspecified
Texas
flag msg tools
There is some confusion about the end game phase of this game as the available translations are a little bit "loose" (they seem to include the translators interpretation of how to play the end phase--as opposed to what the rules say). So...I don't know that this will lead to unanimous agreement on how to play the end phase but here is pretty much a direct translation of the second bulleted pharagraph on page 10 of the German rules:

"In the end phase play continues as normal. That player wins who, though temple building, reaches 20 or more points or brings the worth of the opponets temple buildings under 10, regardless of who had first reached a sum of 15."

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

The rule for the SUMERER people seems to have been uniformly misinterpreted. Here is a whack at the translation (2.5.4 on page 9 of the German rules):

"At this area the people cards lying at the [column] end change sides. All the last-lying, identical people cards of the opponents column are laid with your own people cards (on top [of the last card of your column])."

I tried to render it as close as possible to the wording in the German rules. What is clear in the German rules is that if the opponents column looks like:
B
A
A
B
A
A

and you invoke the SUMERER people's power, you will acquire the two "A" cards *at the end of the column* leaving your opponent with the following:
B
A
A
B

If you again use this power at this place you acquire a single "B" card leaving your opponent with:
B
A
A

The Rio Grande version should be coming out soon so I suppose the "official" English rules will be whatever is contained in those rules (which will presumably be clear) and this discussion will be moot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.