Subject: Wargames and books rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One of the best things about wargames is creating a narrative while you play, and then comparing that narrative to the historical one. Wargames also help you understand who was involved, what the terrain was like, and why events unfolded the way they did and how things could have been different.

Therefore it's great to read a book on the topic while playing a wargame as it greatly enhances the experience.

Reading a book and playing a wargame is one my all-time favourite things to do. So I am starting this Geek list to highlight a number of enjoyable games that have a good historical feel or are strong simulations, and what books you can read while playing those games.

I encourage everyone to add their own to the Geek list I've created.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicola S
Italy
Roma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the GeekList!
A great idea indeed. I just went and made my little contribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Morris
United States
Raytown
Missouri
flag msg tools
2nd, 6th and 7th Wisconsin, 19th Indiana, 24th Michigan
badge
24th Michigan Monument Gettysburg Pa
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick I'll have my wife come to you so you can explain to her why I just ordered $55 in books from Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
Nick I'll have my wife come to you so you can explain to her why I just ordered $55 in books from Amazon.

I have been strong (I only ordered one book.....) shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wade
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mrbeankc wrote:
I'll tell her that's a good outcome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.