Firefly: The Game – Kalidasa» Forums » Rules

Subject: Immoral Jobs and Bonus Opportunities rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jack F
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As it stands, you have to complete an Immoral Job for Moral Crew to be Disgruntled. I wondered if that also applied to completed Bonus Opportunities (on an Immoral Job)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshuku wrote:
As it stands, you have to complete an Immoral Job for Moral Crew to be Disgruntled. I wondered if that also applied to completed Bonus Opportunities (on an Immoral Job)?

I haven't received my copy yet, but is there anything on the job card or in the Kalidasa rules to indicate that the bonus is treated like a whole 'nother job? I do know that you don't pay crew twice out of both the base pay and the bonus. So why would you apply the immoral penalty twice?

It makes sense to me that the job is immoral all the way around no matter how you slice it. As far as I can see, the "bonus" merely serves as an optional part of the job, but part of the already immoral job nonetheless. Again, operating on limited knowledge here.

Hearing your question raises in interesting thought: If you do apply the "disgruntle moral crew" penalty for both the bonus opportunity and job completion, would forgoing the bonus op--that is, the additional immoral activity--then remove (i.e. negate) a disgruntle token from moral crew (in order to represent moral crewmembers' satisfaction with avoiding the immoral deeds)? This sounds too convoluted for game play, but just spinning thoughts here.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Given that Crew aren't paid for bonuses, I don't think they're at risk of becoming Disgruntled another way.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Roy
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
gwek wrote:
Given that Crew aren't paid for bonuses, I don't think they're at risk of becoming Disgruntled another way.

Sorry for the tangent, but what do you mean when you say that crew aren't paid for bonuses?

Edit: Never mind. Forgot this was Kalidasa and I presume you're talking about the bonus opportunities of a job and not "bonuses" like a Companion Bonus

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Krubski
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yes, sorry. That's what I meant.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damo
Australia
Hobart
Tasmania
flag msg tools
Look Up! Stay Alive!
badge
http://australianmuseum.net.au/Drop-Bear
mbmbmbmbmb
Moshuku wrote:

I don't think so.

-Bonus Opportunities are not Jobs, but actions that may be carried out during a Job.

-Moral crew only become disgruntled on the completion of an immoral job.(Bonus Opportunities are actions within a job that need to be completed before the Job is completed).

From the Kalidasa Rules

Completing Bonus Opportunities
Bonus Opportunities need to be done
after starting the Job, but before
completing the Job.
They may only be
done once.

From the Firefly Rules

Immoral Jobs
Some Jobs are Immoral; a small red
tab below the Legal/Illegal tab notes
which Jobs are Immoral. Whenever
you complete an Immoral Job
, all your
Moral Crew become Disgruntled. See
pg. 15 for details on Disgruntled Crew.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.