Popular Tags: [View All]
Lars Laurent
Finland
Lohja
Uusimaa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm not going to lie. I have no intention whatsoever of ever actually playing the game. But as long as it is sitting on my table (as a joke I suspect), I might as well give some impressions of it.

The board is bi-fold thin cardboard very reminiscent of most of the roll-and-move "games". There are spots on the board where different things happen, mostly either you get or lose money or get to draw a card. Some spaces do nothing at all, just giving you highlights of Matti's glorious career. The cards either give or take money or make you move in the board.

The cards are bad quality and the paper money that is included is even worse. You get few plastic player pawns and a dice. Ruyles are single sided A4, not that this game would need even that.

Basically you roll and move, and act based on the space you've landed on.

If one of the criteria that can be used for evaluating game is the amount of meaningful decisions, based on that criteria this game does not fare well. The only choice you can make is whether you draw a card when you land on the space where that is possible. You cannot know what the card will do so even that decision is not very meaningful.

This game is definitely not meant to be taken seriously and the rules reflect that. The end game options are:

1) Everyone except one person is out of money
2) Fixed time (1-3 hours suggested)
3) Players get bored (this is actually in the rules)

Even if you like Matti Nykänen and his exploits, I really could not recommend this at all. Get a book about him, watch the movie or something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.