Popular Tags: [View All]
Jin TS
Malaysia
Petaling Jaya
Selangor
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I would like to clarify on the rules for this hero.

Some of his cards has both Perform and Accompany text and abilities. So the confusion is, can this hero use his power to trigger just one of the ability, say Perform, then in cases where he gets to use his power second time, and he use it to trigger the Accompany ability. Is this played correctly? How about if the hero uses his second time power to trigger the same Perform ability which he used just before this, in the same turn, is this play correct or wrong?

Actually I think the main confusion comes from the fact that we know hero's power may be used once per turn, but what about other cards, such as on-going cards, equipment, etc, can these cards be used multiple times within the same turn?

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it very much.

Jin

[EDIT] Just read one of the thread that says this hero can't use the same ability of any card's abilities or even cards more than once per turn, just like power. Is this correct? Didn't see the thread until I posted this question.blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lars Enden
United States
Kalamazoo
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jininthenet wrote:
Hi, I would like to clarify on the rules for this hero.

Some of his cards has both Perform and Accompany text and abilities. So the confusion is, can this hero use his power to trigger just one of the ability, say Perform, then in cases where he gets to use his power second time, and he use it to trigger the Accompany ability. Is this played correctly? How about if the hero uses his second time power to trigger the same Perform ability which he used just before this, in the same turn, is this play correct or wrong?

Actually I think the main confusion comes from the fact that we know hero's power may be used once per turn, but what about other cards, such as on-going cards, equipment, etc, can these cards be used multiple times within the same turn?

Thanks for the reply, appreciate it very much.

Jin

[EDIT] Just read one of the thread that says this hero can't use the same ability of any card's abilities or even cards more than once per turn, just like power. Is this correct? Didn't see the thread until I posted this question.blush

You can only use a power once per turn, but you can use the same perform or accompany as many times as you want. That is part of the main strategy of Argent Adept: find ways to use extra powers on your turn so you can play multiple instruments and play your most useful songs.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Stull
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Powers can only be used once per turn so the Argent Adept is only limited to using his instruments and character power once per turn. The Performs and Accompanies can be used as many times in a turn as long as you can manage to do that through power uses. This is why once setup with a few instruments and Ongoings Argent Adept become very long as he is practically giving extra turns to himself and other heroes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd McCorkle
United States
Anderson
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Answering questions that weren't asked...

I just wanted to add that 'perform' and 'accompany' effects cannot be triggered by themselves. AA has to use a power (on an instrument or his base power) or a card effect that specifically says "activate a perform/accompany text on a melody/harmony/rhythm card."

I also wanted to point out a neat timing effect. Specifically the card Alacritous Subdominant, an Ongoing Harmony card with text "Perform - One player may play 1 card now. Accompany - You may use a power now. If you do, destroy this card." You do not destroy this card until you completely do all of the power effects you just activated. This allows you to do crazy stuff like start with the harp, activate the accompany text to use the power of the bell which can also activate the same harmony accompany text so you can use another power. Eventually you will finish resolving all your powers and the card will get destroyed, but you can activate that text 3-4 times before doing so. (I was doing this wrong for the longest time.)

Hopefully that made sense. Would be easier if I could SHOW an example with all the cards in play, but don't know how to do that...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.