Popular Tags: [View All]
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Mysterium Werewolf
First lynch Monday, November 30th, 3:00pm BGG. Game will not run over the weekend.

Dusk will be at 3:00pm BGG.
Dawn will be at 4:00pm BGG.

Dreams
Each night, the Werewolves kill a target. That target knows the wolf that killed them and gets to select up to two Mysterium dream cards to send back to the village. As long as the Dreamcatcher is still alive, the village will wake up all having had a common dream and see the one or two dream cards to help them identify the killer.

-The NK target will select 1 or 2 cards from a hand of 7. At least 1 card is guaranteed to make it back to the village. If they select 2 cards, there is a chance that only one of them will make it back.
-The NK target is not added to dead chat until after sending back a dream.
-There is no time limit on sending the dream back, so it may show up at any time during the next day. Earlier is typically better. Timing is also mod-dependent, we'll do our best.
-In theory, it's possible this system is gameable/hackable. Don't. We've tried to curtail ways of working around things, but there may be holes still. The mods will halt/alter dream rules (or modkill, if necessary) for attempts at circumventing the system.

N1 dream

TEAM EVIL
2x Werewolf - Share a chat with other werewolves, kill a target at night. Wolves will decide which individual wolf is the one making the kill.

Brutal Werewolf - A werewolf with the others, but additionally chooses a target that will die when they die.

Sorcerer - Gets a random negative N0 view. Each night can view for the Seer/Dreamcatcher. Will receive a "Seer/Dreamcatcher" or "NOT Seer/Dreamcatcher" result. The Sorcerer is an aux evil and does not count for evil parity.

TEAM GOOD
Dreamcatcher - While the Dreamcatcher is alive, the night kill targets can send a shared dream to the living.

Seer - Each night receives a vision of a target player and learns whether that player is "wolf" or "NOT wolf". Receives a random negative N0.

Martyr - Each night may select another player. If that player is the target of the NK, the Martyr is killed instead. Protecting or directly targeted, the Martyr will learn who their killer is and be able to send dream cards back, if possible.

Brutal Hunter - If only two players remain in the game and the hunter is one of those players, then the good team wins even if the other player is a werewolf. When lynched or killed, must use a brutal kill on another player.

7x Villager - What dreams may come.

Full role reveal on death.
LHLV will break tied votes.

Victory Conditions
There is no individual victory. You win if your team wins, whether you survive or not.

The good team wins:
When all wolves are dead or when only 1 hunter and 1 wolf remain.

The evil team wins:
When the number of living werewolves equals (or exceeds) the number of all other players.

Forum play:
-Moderators: PeteVasi, DeMorcerf
-We'll use Cassie for dusk/dawn, modchat, wolf chat, orders. Bobtally for thread vote tallies.
-[dusk] will be at 3:00pm BGG time. [dawn] at 4:00pm BGG time. [lynchtime 3:00pm BGG] [ordertime 4:00pm BGG]
-General werewolfy rules apply (play for your team to win, no editing posts, no outside communication, no quoting modchat, no talking/thumbing/tipping when dead): The Guide To Playing Werewolf On BoardGameGeek
-Be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium Werewolf - The Rules, reiterated, in more detail
Lynch Rules:

Each day, players will vote for one player to be lynched. The player with the most votes or the tied player with longest-held last-vote will be lynched.

All votes must conform to the BobTally Vote System rules or will not be tallied. Votes must be made within the Day timeframe before Dusk deadline is called.

The mods hold the discretion to mod-kill any player who attempts to edit or fake votes or nightfalls in order to trick or deceive players. Play fair, please. If you try to hide your vote by making it too small or colored such that it is not visible, you will be mod-killed.

Night Orders:

Any player with a power must input their order before the deadline is called. Otherwise the power will either not occur or be randomized; if you are not told this, you may ask about conditionals.

Role Reveal:

Alignment and role should be revealed on death. There will be no mod-trickery involved in reveal.

Important Information:
Tiebreaker: longest held last vote

Dusk: 3:00 pm BGG Time
Dawn: 4:00 pm BGG Time

Weekend Policy: This game will not run over the weekend.

Clues:

There will not be clues in mod posts.

Replacement / Posting Rules:

This game is intended to be open for all. However, it is not fair to other players to allow the game to be brought down by extremely low participation or toxic participation.

The mods has the discretion to replace or mod-kill any player deemed to be overtly crude and hostile to other players. Be considerate. You will only get one warning. Personal attacks will not be tolerated.

The mods have the discretion to put up for replacement any player that fails to post at a reasonably active level during every day-night cycle. This judgment is up to the mods. You will only get one warning, but this will not be done without cause. Please do no sign up for or remain in the game if you can not be active.

Active playing refers to game content. Posting to say you're not around or are catching up does not, by itself, make you an active player. Please keep in mind that the game is much less fun for everyone when there are chronically-inactive players.

You must also show proof of life 12 hours prior to the end of the first Day cycle, either in thread or mod-chat, or else you will be put up for replacement.

Do not post after the dusk/dawn deadlines. (Posts at after the clock has ticked to the ##:01 are illegal posts.) Even if the mods forget to post "No posting", assume that you cannot post after the deadline until the mod posts "You may post now." You will get one warning for infractions before you are mod-killed. BUT posting game-changing information after a deadline may result in your death immediately based on mod's judgment.

Editing or deleting posts will absolutely get you a warning, and could result in mod-killing. Editing/deleting is very poor form. If you need to edit, detail the edits at the end of the post. Do not edit votes.

- No communication about the game outside of the game (unless your role allows you to do otherwise). Don't say anything about the game or how it's going or how you feel, etc -- OOG Meta discussion about the game while it's ongoing will cause Irina to come mod-kill you in your sleep.

- No Copy/Pasting from Mod Chat; No partial Copy/Pasting from Mod Chat; No fake Copy/Pasting from Mod Chat

- No mentioning other On-going games (previously concluded ones are fine)

- No out-of-game bets/vows/consequences

- Play for your team to win, first-and-foremost

- No posting, thumbing, or tipping when you are dead.

- No posting in this game unless you are a player (or other conditions are met where the mod asks you to). Rare non-game-related posts surrounded by ninja emoticons are allowable.

Regarding the Dreamweaver and Dream cards:

- Do not attempt to game/break the system.

- Dream cards should be chosen based on connections the dead naturally makes to their killer, not those concocted in the game or pre-game.

- Do not attempt to "talk" to the dead to influence what dream(s) they send. The dead are dead. You should only talk to other players still alive in the game.

- You can discuss dreams you have already been given, but should not discuss future dreams.

- Consider for game/theme purposes that as players, you do not know that these dreams will happen or how they happen.

- Just try to have fun.

Please let us know if you have any questions!

This game will start when full.

As an FYI, here's Snaak's "Guide to Playing Werewolf on BGG!"

Here is a Dictionary of terms that are used often in our BGG WW games: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Dictionary

Here is a (not all-inclusive) list of Roles that are commonly used here on the Geek: /wiki/page/BGG_Werewolf_PBF_Role_List
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
Mysterium Werewolf - If you are reading this...
--N0--

You grab your head as you are jolted awake with a pain and a strange flash of images in your mind,
Spoiler (click to reveal)

"Hello," you hear a voice on a loud speaker as you wake foggy. "If you are watching this video, then I have failed (or succeeded in poor fashion) in my quest to find the monster plaguing my home."
You see a well-dressed older gentleman talking on a video screen at the head of a table, where about a dozen other groggy people are waking.
"I'm sorry for the rude and rough manner by which I brought you to my manor. But if I had asked my guards to politely invite you, you would have smartly and likely declined.
About a month ago, strange disappearances began to happen on my estate. Myself and other members of the staff soon after stated suffering strange nightmares and visions.
Suspecting foul play, I took it upon myself to search for the guilty party who was abducting and probably murdering people in my home. As you'll soon see yourself, my investigation only got stranger.
I've chosen all of you because you are the best investigators in the state for this task, whether you've chosen to use those skills for the police, journalism, insurance work, and so on.
My guards will release you from the manor after you have found my killer and brought them to justice.
Good luck."
You then have another painful flash in your mind.
Spoiler (click to reveal)

--D1--

"It's obvious, isn't it? There's a murderer in this estate. We must stop them at any cost!"
"Well, if it's so obvious, then enlighten us, who's the monster?"
"Or monsters!"
"Hey, you! Shifty-gentleman! Who are you?!"
"I'm just a servant of the manor. I'm no mastermind."
"'Just a servant?' Pfhh, a weak and likely alibi, let's kill that guy!"
And so it was that you mobbed together and beat the gray-haired, mustachioed gentleman to death, discovering nothing suspicious upon his body other than evidence that he indeed did butle.

--N1--

After trying to sleep to forget the wretched knot of guilt for wrongly bludgeoning the Butler Smugvid to death, you are jarred awake by yet another odd vision screaming in your mind.

As you gather, you find the young forensics expert, Silverbonds has been butchered in the night.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (0/15)
Player List According to Cassandra:
Dake
dbmurph22
Gelrod
JaredW25
ljtrigirl
nolemonplease
ortho_
PaperF
pilotbob
RoyalApe
silverbonds
Smugvid
syntax3rror
Tfang
theknightofcups

15 players are signed up.

To sign up for this game go to
http://www.thecassandraproject.org/jeremy/werewolf/game/1475...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
Why's the sky blue? Why's water wet?
badge
Why did Judas rat to Romans while Jesus slept?
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (1/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (1/15)
this sounds really interesting. i am somewhat curious about what would constitute "gaming" the card/dream thing.

do we know what the 7 cards are? are they the same 7 cards each night?

if the living know what the pool of 7 cards are, is assigning a wolf-suspect to one of the cards a strategy that's allowed, or is that gaming?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (3/15)
Dake wrote:
this sounds really interesting. i am somewhat curious about what would constitute "gaming" the card/dream thing.

do we know what the 7 cards are? are they the same 7 cards each night?

if the living know what the pool of 7 cards are, is assigning a wolf-suspect to one of the cards a strategy that's allowed, or is that gaming?

One example (previously thought out and prevented by current rules):

To whoever is the NK:
If the wolf is Dake, send 1 dream card
If it's Pete, send 2
If it's Demo, send 3

There's other possibilities of pre-setting up the future dead, and those are what I mean by gaming the system. The idea is that you'll receive some loose connection from the NK, and hopefully the living good team can figure out the connection.

Only the NK knows what the 7 cards are. Undecided if the leftover cards are reshuffled or if the remained is passed onto the next NK.

Assigning players to cards/numbers/ideas is the gaming I'm trying to avoid.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
We first played this at my house last week. I ran 15 players and it went fantastically. One game the NK saw their killer had a skull on her zip-up hoodie. He had a couple images that sort of portrayed death, and he sent those to the village. The wolf saw the images, unzipped her hoodie and flipped it open such that you couldn't see the logo any longer. The village decided to go after a guy with a Death Star on his T-Shirt. He happened to be another wolf, and there was much rejoicing and congratulation. It was laughed about after the game was over and the big reveal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
so the connections to players that the cards are supposed to be representing should be inherent to the players and not concocted within the game. gotcha.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Dake wrote:
so the connections to players that the cards are supposed to be representing should be inherent to the players and not concocted within the game. gotcha.

Exactly, well said.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Morcerf
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
Shhhh...
badge
I know. I know.
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteVasi wrote:
Dake wrote:

Exactly, well said.

I like to think of it, that you should play as though you don't know the dreams will happen or how they happen -- discuss past dreams, but not discuss "future" dreams, and not talk to the dead -- doing that I think should mostly prevent you from intentionally or incidentally breaking/hacking the system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb
Basically, it feels like we should be following the etiquette of Codenames.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
San Mononoke
msg tools
badge
'Did you know the human eye can see more shades of green than any other color?'
mb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (7/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (11/15)
I just signed up on Cassandra. [signup]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Silver
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
Chaotic Neutral
badge
10524 days since the last Incident
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (13/15)
I just signed up on Cassy
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peer
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Play to win!
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - In Signup (13/15)
Hi.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Re: Mysterium Werewolf - Full! Setting up...
Full up! First lynch will be Tuesday (tomorrow) at the earliest. And then there's a holiday in there. I won't be around on Thursday and minimally on Friday. So...
Poll: WW Thanksgiving Mysterium
What should we do with lynch over the US Thanksgiving holiday?
  Your Answer   Vote Percent Vote Count
No lynch on Thursday, keep going other days
50.0% 8
No lynch Thursday and Friday
0.0% 0
Don't bother starting until next week
37.5% 6
Silly US holidays, run all the days! (Demo or a modalternate can handle the holiday?)
6.2% 1
TommyDanger says "whatever"
6.2% 1
Voters 16
This poll is now closed.   16 answers
Poll created by PeteVasi
Closes: Mon Nov 30, 2015 6:00 am

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cassandra Project
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Player List
Player List According to bobtally:
Dake
dbmurph22
gelrod killed Night 3
JaredW25
ljtrigirl killed Day 4
nolemonplease killed Day 5
ortho_ killed Night 4
PaperF
pilotbob
RoyalApe
silverbonds killed Night 2
Smugvid killed Day 2
Syntax3rror
TFang killed Day 3
theknightofcups killed Night 4

15 players are signed up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tokah
United States
Richmond
Virginia
flag msg tools
We all need it!
badge
This hairstyle was fun for a day, but tooooo much hair for my tastes.
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Westwood
Kansas
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Day Zarski-Riley
United Kingdom
Manchester
flag msg tools
I may or may not be a Wolf
badge
I am a cloud
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LJ
United States
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
With Trigirl being this lock consensus good read for so many people, I find it really bizarre that she's alive. Just don't lock clear her for tone. There's a threshold where if she's still alive she should probably just be murdalated.
badge
Born to be a king, I ask one thing in return: a front seat to watch Earth burn.
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caitlin
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
Who took the Bomp from the Bompalompalomp? Who took the Ram from the Ramalamading dong?
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Lutz
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dake Jimson
United States
Billerica
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
[signup]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [82] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.