2 Posts

Best Treehouse Ever» Forums » General

Subject: Playing with my 10 year old daughter rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jay Shaffstall
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Got a couple of games in with my 10 year old daughter yesterday. The short result is that she won by two or three points each game.

The first game we played at the basic level, without game changers or bonus cards. So scoring was just based on which scoring cards we picked, and we each picked whatever scored us the most points each round. There was a little overlap between the scoring, but not much.

The second game we played with the bonus cards, and I focused more on tagging along with her scoring. I didn't try to get more than she did of a particular type, but made sure that I had some so I'd score something when she did.

We ended up tied that game except that she achieved both of her bonus goals and I only achieved one.

It seems like a two-player game has a lot more planning in it than the four player game, since you're getting your hand back more often. Lack of planning (or a poor distribution of cards in my hand) bit me more than once in trying to achieve both of my bonus goals.

We both loved the balancing mechanic. Very intuitive, and it can also come back to bite you toward the end of a round when hands are sparse.

My daughter loved the theme, and is eager to play the game again. After both games she'd describe how her crazy tree house would actually be used, why the fire pole led to the pool, etc.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Kotarski
United States
Flint
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for sharing your experiences! We live for this stuff. Hope your daughter kicks your butt again soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.