Subject: Rules clarifications rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
i just got my KS version of the game delivered. Looks very cool to begin with, but the rules are VERY brief.
A couple of questions came up reading them:
- Which meeps can I knock down? Basically, a meep can have three positions: Outside (starting area) Inside (in FoS) and on Recon.
Obviously, the recon pair meeps can be knocked down, as there is a special rule mentioned to get a recon meep to stand up. Is there any use of knocking down a meep inside the FoS? One rule states that a meep pushed out of the shelter is standing, so does it even matter if meeps inside are standing up? Can you close the FoS with knockdown meeples?
My guess would be meeps inside the FoS cannot be knocked down.
-Why is there a special rule stating that you can knock down and stand up meeps in a recon pair? What is different from the outside meeps? Do you need a recon team yourself to knock down opponent recon meeps? Can a recon pair move back into the FoS if one or both are knocked down?

Cheers,

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't knock down meeps inside the FoS, no.

If you knock a recon meep down, it'll have to stand up before it can help carry the supply cube into the shelter, so I guess it helps to know you CAN knock one of the two down, when usually they move as a pair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Miller
United States
Portsmouth
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Nick is spot on (I would argue that Nick knows more nuances than I do on this game).

The size of the tin and the chaos of the game would make it hard to knock someone down in the FoS AND the bigger consideration is that whether you are standing or unconscious in the FoS, you are still safe from the monster when the lid closes.

The standing of a kicked out meeps is to act as a tiny penalty for being a jerk and tossing someone out, that split second adds up in a game allowing the opponent more rolling time.

Knocking down a recon meep is penalty enough without it breaking apart the recon pair (the initial consideration was that it would nullify the recon pair and they'd need to start over). The off balance created by being able to move a standing recon pair as one unit helps add strategy to its use.

Thanks for the great question and thank you Nick! =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Becker
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the super-fast answers. To summarize what I got from this regarding recon teams.
- Recon teams are always sent from inside the FoS, so you need 2+ meeps inside to sent them out again
- 1 action sends out the entire team and they I immediately pick up the box (no further action required)
- another single action returns the entire team and their box to the FoS
- if one meep of the recon team is knocked down (can be done with a single action, regardless of the opponent having a recon team or not ) it keeps the box and is still a recon team, but can't move before an action is used to stand the meeple up.
Two knocked down meeps still are a reckon team and keep their box, but both must stand up before they can return to the FoS.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Shaw
United Kingdom
Plymouth
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarod wrote:
Thanks for the super-fast answers. To summarize what I got from this regarding recon teams.
- Recon teams are always sent from inside the FoS, so you need 2+ meeps inside to sent them out again
- 1 action sends out the entire team and they I immediately pick up the box (no further action required)
- another single action returns the entire team and their box to the FoS
- if one meep of the recon team is knocked down (can be done with a single action, regardless of the opponent having a recon team or not ) it keeps the box and is still a recon team, but can't move before an action is used to stand the meeple up.
Two knocked down meeps still are a reckon team and keep their box, but both must stand up before they can return to the FoS.

Yep, that all sounds correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.