5 Posts

Star Wars: Imperial Assault» Forums » Rules

Subject: Info Timing Means of Produciton Agenda rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Hoser
msg tools
Hi there,

Absolutely loving Imperial Assault! Have a great group to play with.

I totally get most of the timing for revealing info to the rebels from the campaign guide, but I can't seem to find a CLEAR answer to the timing of the Colored Tokens used in the Means of Production agenda mission.

So, which of these two options is correct:

1. After a round ends, I place a Colored token of my choice on one of the doors, then I WAIT until they interact (or shoot) the door to REVEAL what that particular color does.

2. After a round ends, I place a colored token of my choice on one of the doors, and IMMEDIATELY WARN the rebels what the token does. (before they decide to approach it)

*** Personally, I like the element of mystery and suspense that would come from the rebels guessing what the door will do (the first time a new color is approached). Just want to make sure I am playing by the rules and being fair to that Rebel Scum!

Either vote ... or let me know if you have a definitive answer.

Thanks,
Hoser
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
William Aull
United States
Owensboro
KY
flag msg tools
Gaming Collector/Enthusiast
badge
Gamer Without a Cause
mbmbmbmbmb
Rebels dont know what they do until it is blown.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strict reading of the rules, you read out the colour text as you resolve it for the first time when placing that colour of token, so they will know what it does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, with strict reading of the rules, you first read the event text, and the rules text for the token you selected. You do not read the rules text for the colors you did not select.

Really, rebels knowing does not make the mission any easier for them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ringlstetter
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
Really, rebels knowing does not make the mission any easier for them.

Absolutely! It's hard enough the way it is...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.