Bretagne» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions about markets rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Morla 98
Germany
flag msg tools
Hi out there,

after reading the rules I´ve got 1 question left: It´s about using the markets. If I want to use a market - is it allowed to use a market several times in one turn? Example: I place 1 "worker" in Brest an buy 3 engineers, then buy 2 Ressources, then buy 2 engineers. Then go to Lorient, place 1 "worker" than buy 2 ressources, sell 2 cards? And if markets can be used several times in the same turn - do I only have to place 1 worker for all transactions or 1 worker per transaction?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
morla98 wrote:
Hi out there,

after reading the rules I´ve got 1 question left: It´s about using the markets. If I want to use a market - is it allowed to use a market several times in one turn? Example: I place 1 "worker" in Brest an buy 3 engineers, then buy 2 Ressources, then buy 2 engineers. Then go to Lorient, place 1 "worker" than buy 2 ressources, sell 2 cards? And if markets can be used several times in the same turn - do I only have to place 1 worker for all transactions or 1 worker per transaction?

First you must pay one worker per city you will visit (so 1 or 2). Then you choose Brest or Lorient, do each of the transactions in the chosen location at most once (in the order of your choosing). Then if you paid 2 workers you can do each of the transactions in the other location at most once (in the order of your choosing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morla 98
Germany
flag msg tools
Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I´m not a native english speaker and don´t get the meaning of "at most once".
To get it right: I place only 1 worker in Brest, do a couple of transactions, for example buy 3 engineers, then buy 2 Ressources, then buy 2 engineers (am I right, that I can do each of the numbered (1 to 5) transaction only one time?), "travel" to Lorient, "pay/place" only 1 worker in Lorient an do another couple of transactions there and afterwards end my turn?
Conclusion: I only need 1 worker to do several transactions in a market?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
morla98 wrote:
Thanks for the reply, but sorry, I´m not a native english speaker and don´t get the meaning of "at most once".
To get it right: I place only 1 worker in Brest, do a couple of transactions, for example buy 3 engineers, then buy 2 Ressources, then buy 2 engineers (am I right, that I can do each of the numbered (1 to 5) transaction only one time?),

Yes. "At most once" means only one time. More specifically it means you can do each transaction zero times or one time.

Quote:
"travel" to Lorient, "pay/place" only 1 worker in Lorient an do another couple of transactions there and afterwards end my turn?
Conclusion: I only need 1 worker to do several transactions in a market?

Yup, you've got it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
marco pozzi
Italy
flag msg tools
designer
morla98 wrote:
Hi out there,

Example: I place 1 "worker" in Brest an buy 3 engineers, then buy 2 Ressources, then buy 2 engineers.

Hi,
there is no action in Brest to buy 3 engineers :-)
you can only buy 1 engineer spending 2 money (action N. 1) or/and you can buy 2 engineers spending 3 money (action N. 4) ... but these are two different action that you can do only one time each one.

bye,
Marco

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Campbell
Australia
Monterey
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JonBen wrote:

First you must pay one worker per city you will visit (so 1 or 2)....
...Then if you paid 2 workers you can do each of the transactions in the other location at most once (in the order of your choosing).

I don't believe this is quite correct because, if you gain a worker in one city, you can use it immediately to trade in the other. You wouldn't be able to do this if you had to place workers in both cities first.

I think you just need to declare that you are doing a trade action, and then place a worker in the cities as you use them (once for each city per action).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.