Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eddie
United States
WPB
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooooo Whoooooo! Just arrived here in south Florida!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark B
United States
Philadelphia
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine arrived in Pennsylvania. I wonder if all the expansions will fit in the box? It looks awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Weber
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: It's NOT Here
Mine is taking forever to get here because of (IMHO) a very poor decision by GTG to use FedEx Smart Post (which should be renamed FedEX Dumb Post), a shipping service that takes over twice as long as it should. Judging by tracking information, my game, which has still yet to arrive here in Ellicott City, MD, was shipped out over a week ago (Thurs Nov. 12) and got as close as Hagerstown (Nov. 14) in just two days. Great, right? No, now for the bad news. From Hagerstown it goes West instead of East, to Martinsburg, WVA (arriving the following Monday Nov. 16). Another three days and it skips back Eastward, past my location, to Baltimore, MD (Thursday Nov. 19). Then it manages to wend its way Westward again, to the Ellicott City post office, shortly after noon today, Friday, Nov. 20), too late to be delivered today (the promised date). Hopefully, it will arrive tomorrow.

This is the second or third time I have had this kind of criss-cross service from game companies using FedEx Smart Post and I am getting sick and tired of it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Niven
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I wasn't particularly happy with FedEx after this. Mine got all the way from St. Louis to Orlando without a single update in about three days. I got excited on Monday because, guess what?! I live in Orlando! It should've been to me the next day or at the latest Wednesday just in time for my day off! Instead it spent the next two days going to some other location in Orlando just for me to get a message on Wednesday that USPS was actually going to be delivering it. This meant I had to wait until they got it to USPS, which wasn't until Thursday morning, then wait for USPS to get it to me. Thankfully, USPS seem to care a bit more and managed to get it on my neighborhood's truck for that day.

Unfortunately, with my one day off having passed I had to wait until I got home at 11 at night to get it. I was so exhausted but thankfully my gracious fiancee was wonderful enough to stay up late and stumble through a learning game with me.

While my struggles don't sound half as bad as what John Weber described I still found FedEx SmartPost notably un-smart.

AND as a credit to the designers, even in our half-asleep states she enjoyed the game despite being visibly sickened at even the slightest mention of baseball at other times. So yeah, great game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.