Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Coup: Rebellion G54» Forums » Rules

Subject: Claiming Multiple Roles Upon Death rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dmitri Koudrin
msg tools
If you have the intellectual in the game and the missionary, and you are killed, can you put your card aside face down and claim it to be BOTH of those roles (thus drawing a new card AND gaining 5 from the bank)?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Toltz
United States
Boston
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
Your cat likes me more
badge
In brightest day / In blackest night / No evil shall escape my sight / Let those who worship evil's might / Beware my power--Green Lantern's light!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I would expect not.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sonny Blount
New Zealand
flag msg tools
out to lunch
badge
same place I eat at
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
This seems to be a case of claiming 2 counteractions at the same time.

You could compare this to claiming intellectual twice for a single character death.

But it would be nice to have some definitions of these situations.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Roehrig
Germany
Leipzig
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess, if you are claiming an action. The other guys got the chance to challenge you. So after the first (of your two intended) claims, you either had to show your card or they believed you, thus no further things to do.
ergo, I dont think you can do it that way.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it says something like claiming *a* role, not multiple or in addition.

However, this example probably resolves itself anyway. Sure, claim that the card put aside is both a Missionary and an Intellectual. If I challenge it and you cannot flip *that* card to show me both of those at the same time, I say you fail.
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
dkoudrin wrote:
If you have the intellectual in the game and the missionary, and you are killed, can you put your card aside face down and claim it to be BOTH of those roles (thus drawing a new card AND gaining 5 from the bank)?



Bit late to answer, sorry
Everyone above is right

No

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stewart
United Kingdom
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rikki wrote:
dkoudrin wrote:
If you have the intellectual in the game and the missionary, and you are killed, can you put your card aside face down and claim it to be BOTH of those roles (thus drawing a new card AND gaining 5 from the bank)?



Bit late to answer, sorry
Everyone above is right

No



Actually, I quite like the answer above yours - you can claim that it's both, but if anyone challenges, unless you can show that the card actually is both roles you claimed for it, you lose the challenge and don't get either effect (and have to lose another card if possible)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rikki Tahta
United States
new york
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
rmsgrey wrote:
Rikki wrote:
dkoudrin wrote:
If you have the intellectual in the game and the missionary, and you are killed, can you put your card aside face down and claim it to be BOTH of those roles (thus drawing a new card AND gaining 5 from the bank)?



Bit late to answer, sorry
Everyone above is right

No



Actually, I quite like the answer above yours - you can claim that it's both, but if anyone challenges, unless you can show that the card actually is both roles you claimed for it, you lose the challenge and don't get either effect (and have to lose another card if possible)


I agree, lovely response and keeps the simple logic
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.