J. Foley
msg tools
Dr. Finn posted an interesting combo deal earlier today on his Facebook page. Usually, he's been putting one of his games with a game from another publisher, but this time you can choose which of his game to combo. You can get Splendor with one of his games for the following prices with free shipping:

Splendor + Biblios - $40.99
Splendor + Biblios Dice - $54.99
Splendor + Cosmic Run - $49.99
Splendor + Institute for Magical Arts - $45.99
Splendor + Capo dei Capi - $42.99

http://doctorfinns.com/shop.html

All of these seem to be pretty good deals, but the best is probably the one with Cosmic Run because Splendor is at CSI for $26.49 and Cosmic Run is $34.95 (at Dr. Finn's site) to total $61.44

His other prices are
Biblios Dice $37.95
Institute for Magical Arts $29.95
Capo dei Capi $24.95

Not sure why there's no Let Them Eat Shrimp. Dr. Finn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I kind of want Splendor and Biblios. I wish I knew I wanted them for sure. That's a much better price for the pair of them than on Amazon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scot Duvall
United States
Louisville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Test
Valzi, trust me, you do...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I tried Splendor on my friend's tablet. I didn't understand what was happening, despite reading the instructions. I couldn't remember what the iconography meant, and it seemed like there was hardly any game to the game. I've always assumed I was missing something important though.

Biblios is just a game I've read reviews of. It looks like something I'd really like to play with my wife, repeatedly. I'm not certain though. I'd be more willing to take a risk with *just* it, but I'm not sure I want to risk Splendor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Hahn
United States
Stevens Point
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted Biblios and Splendor for a while now.. so tempting, but I need to try and save some money for Black Friday/Cyber Monday deals. $8 off Amazon price isn't necessarily amazing (granted, it's still $8)... might be better than what I'll get later, but they aren't priority games for me.

Will have to keep an eye on those deals though, thanks for bringing it to my attention!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stormy Waters
United States
Reminderville
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
valzi wrote:
I tried Splendor on my friend's tablet. I didn't understand what was happening, despite reading the instructions. I couldn't remember what the iconography meant, and it seemed like there was hardly any game to the game. I've always assumed I was missing something important though.

Biblios is just a game I've read reviews of. It looks like something I'd really like to play with my wife, repeatedly. I'm not certain though. I'd be more willing to take a risk with *just* it, but I'm not sure I want to risk Splendor.

Iconography? It is just a basic set collection game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't understand what was going on with the colored tokens referenced on the cards. I should just read the rules. =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ari C
United States
Los Angeles
CA
flag msg tools
I suggest you buy all of Dr. Finn's games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Emeryville
California
flag msg tools
badge
Sometimes life is scary and dark. That is why we must find the light. -BMO
mbmbmbmbmb
rec152 wrote:

thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Bacon
United States
Farmington
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Splendor is very easy to understand. I used a third party Android app that explained things much better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo De Luca
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rec152 wrote:

Done!
Now if only I had time to play them... and a group!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.