Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
In a Free Blitz does naval combat occur when there is no movement into an enemy area, but the area does have enemy units at war with each other?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave LeLacheur
United States
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
dvsimp wrote:
In a Free Blitz does naval combat occur when there is no movement into an enemy area, but the area does have enemy units at war with each other?

Hi Dave,

In that specific case, no. The only possible combat during side A's Free Blitz, is in the sea area(s) where side A moved a unit into, and even then, only if side B wants to have the combat.

Cheers,
Dave L.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn H
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hi,

Sounds like a good ruling but I don't see this covered in the rules, or did I miss something?

From page 18:
"Regardless of what Blitz your major power chooses, your units at sea will participate in combat if that sea area has a combat (see 4.4)."

Edit:
In addition, I was wondering if I understood it correctly that in order to be able to make invasion landings from sea one needs to do either Land Blitz or a Total Blitz, right?

Cheers,

- Björn

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
dave clifford
United States
portage
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Sounds like a good ruling but I don't see this covered in the rules, or did ."

It's covered in the rules 2.2 under Free Blitz but seems to be contradicted by 4.4. I just wanted to make sure 2.2 was correct.

I think your correct that a Blitz invasion has to be a Land or Total Blitz.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.