Popular Tags: [View All]
rick haroutunian
Canada
Georgetown
ontario
flag msg tools
mbmb
Two questions.

Can you disband a wounded unit? If so, is the new unit wounded?

Now a question about Pursuit.

It says, "Whenever the hero being pursued ends their movement for the turn, any enemy token pursuing them is moved one space, into the closest revealed space to that hero which does not contain another player's hero or a fortified site."

If you do not move on your turn, does that mean the enemy token will not move one space?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rickjunyor wrote:
That's on the base game manual, "Basic game concepts", "using units" (page 4). You can disband wounded units in the same way as non-wounded ones. New recruited units always are ready and unwounded.

Quote:
If you do not move on your turn, does that mean the enemy token will not move one space?
This was discussed in another thread. If you take a normal turn, there is a movement phase. At the end of it, the enemy moves. It doesn't matter if you did something or not during the movement phase.

If you take a rest turn, fully attend a PvP combat, are invited in a cooperative assault, or something similar, there is no movement phase; since there is no "end of the movement phase", enemies don't move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
rickjunyor wrote:
Two questions.

Now a question about Pursuit.

It says, "Whenever the hero being pursued ends their movement for the turn, any enemy token pursuing them is moved one space, into the closest revealed space to that hero which does not contain another player's hero or a fortified site."

Yes, subject to normal disbanding restrictions. No, the new unit won't be wounded.
The rules aren't clear on this, as you don't have movement in a rest turn. If you simply "don't move" then pursuing units definitely pursue, as you still "end your movement for the turn" every turn anyway, regardless of whether you actually moved. If you have a rest turn, I'd say they pursue anyway, because it would be weird if they didn't.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
If you have a rest turn, I'd say they pursue anyway, because it would be weird if they didn't.
That would produce that they may attack somebody who is resting, fully attending to PvP, etc.; so he'd have to take another action.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
Benkyo wrote:
If you have a rest turn, I'd say they pursue anyway, because it would be weird if they didn't.
That would produce that they may attack somebody who is resting, fully attending to PvP, etc.; so he'd have to take another action.

Yeah, I assume I'd resolve this by creating a backlog of unresolved actions to occupy the MK's future turns. If another MK attacks and defeats a pursuing enemy that was "scheduled" to fight the MK, the MK is freed up to take a turn as normal. Pursuit seems like a messy system anyway, so I admit I haven't tried this in practice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, but if it's weird that enemies don't purse if you're resting (I agree with that), it's weirder that they wait to attack you until you finish your cooperative assault, rest, etc.

Anyway, I agree that some clarification would be nice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
OK, but if it's weird that enemies don't purse if you're resting (I agree with that), it's weirder that they wait to attack you until you finish your cooperative assault, rest, etc.

Well, I wouldn't go so far as to say weirder...

In most cases it could be resolved by the PvP-style rules. You'd have to choose full or partial attendance in response to an enemy attack during the turn in which you flip your round order token.

Presumably only when someone attacks you in PvP during such a turn would an enemy attack need to be stacked for a later turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I'm not understanding you. I thought you said that when you rest/attend PvP/accept an invitation to coop assault/etc., and there is a pursing enemy about to attack you, you postpone its attack.

If that's the case, you could spend some turns resting, and the enemy will wait you. I find that (thematically) strange.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:
Maybe I'm not understanding you. I thought you said that when you rest/attend PvP/accept an invitation to coop assault/etc., and there is a pursing enemy about to attack you, you postpone its attack.

If that's the case, you could spend some turns resting, and the enemy will wait you. I find that (thematically) strange.

I would be, sure. I was just saying that it wouldn't be weirder, just equally weird at worst.

Also, unless I'm missing something, the only time I think you might be better off postponing an attack would be if you had to resolve a PvP attack at the "same time". In any other situation you could just apply the usual full/partial attendance rules similar to what you'd do if Volkare attacked you.

(EDIT: In other words an enemy attack might be triggered due to a rest turn or a turn spent flipping your round order token back up, and a player could use that as an opportunity to start PvP. To avoid this, you could delay enemy attack resolution until just prior to your next turn, and then either resolve it or "postpone" it. I think I just convinced myself you'd be better off resolving it regardless though. I'd still prefer the PvP to be dealt with first, to avoid making attacking your opponent during such a window of opportunity too easy.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.