Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Pathfinder Adventure Card Game: Rise of the Runelords – Base Set» Forums » Rules

Subject: Harsk Power Ability rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
James Laessig
msg tools
Harsk has a power that reads:
At the ([ ] start or) end of your turn, you may examine the top card of your location deck.

If I select this power, can I choose to use the Power at the beginning of my turn and then use the Power again at the end of my turn; to examine the top card of the location deck in both cases?

The "or" makes me think it should be one or the other, but if that is the case, it doesn't strike me as a very effective Power upgrade. My thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jimavet wrote:
At the ([ ] start or) end of your turn, you may examine the top card of your location deck.

If I select this power, can I choose to use the Power at the beginning of my turn and then use the Power again at the end of my turn; to examine the top card of the location deck in both cases?

The "or" makes me think it should be one or the other, but if that is the case, it doesn't strike me as a very effective Power upgrade. My thanks in advance.

Being able to see what's on top of the deck before acting is super powerful. This is before movement even. I can think of so many scenarios where this would be useful

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an or.

Whereas his power normally can only help other players or his next turn, this allows him to see what he's about to face, and if it's a huge pain in the ass, move to another location.

It practically prevents you from losing a single (or multiple if it's the final boss) turns. If you find the final boss really early with this, you know where he is WITHOUT having to potentially shuffle him elsewhere.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimavet wrote:

You can use it at both the start and end of your turn. Here's a relevant post by the game's designer: Re: Seelah - supplemental card power It's about Seelah's power which can also be upgraded to "start or end" of turn, but it's exactly the same issue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Will Martin
United States
Arlington
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nefrubyr wrote:
jimavet wrote:

You can use it at both the start and end of your turn. Here's a relevant post by the game's designer: Re: Seelah - supplemental card power It's about Seelah's power which can also be upgraded to "start or end" of turn, but it's exactly the same issue.

Good to know! I missed that bit. Though that thread specifically says Harsk's power is an exclusive rather than an inclusive, but I believe they were talking about his power "At the end of your turn you may examine the top card (or bottom card) of your location deck."

So as long as a power isn't time restricted, if it has an or, you can use it at either time you could use the power?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Malcolm Howell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The way I read it is: at the start of your turn you look at the power and say "Is this the start or end of my turn?" And it is, so you can use the power.

Later, at the end of your turn, you look at the power and say "Is this the start or end of my turn?" And it is, so you can use the power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Warner
United States
Middletown
Delaware
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is another similar thread about Lem that Mike gives the same response.
http://paizo.com/threads/rzs2qi10?Lem-Virtuoso-discard-excha...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
First Sgt

Connecticut
msg tools
krztoff wrote:
jimavet wrote:

Being able to see what's on top of the deck before acting is super powerful. This is before movement even. I can think of so many scenarios where this would be useful
My take was that to get the option to "peek" at the start of the turn I must earn a power feat as a reward.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.