George Staruch
msg tools
Hey folks,

I have a new board game somewhere between prototyping and alpha at the moment. The pieces and cards are more or less set mechanically, but it's nowhere near pretty and there's still some balancing to be done. So, I'm at the point where I'm ready to start courting artists.

The concept: The name of the game is Sociable. You are playing as a social network, your goal is to win the hearts, minds, and advertising revenue of as many people as possible through natural propagation and the release of new features that appeal to special interest groups. The board is a network map of people and their connections, grouped by their age. The people themselves are interchangeable discs that can be shuffled and dealt randomly around the board to create a new experience each time.

I'm interested to hear individual takes on the theme, currently I'm leaning slightly towards a slightly darker spin on the whole thing, but there's nothing mechanically built in that necessitates that. Happy to negotiate either a flat fee or a cooperative structure for compensation.

What needs art:
The Box
The Main Game Board
The Tech Tree Board
The Player Mats
The Individual People - these will probably be simple caricatures, there are about 100 of them.

What could benefit from art:
The Event Cards
The Technologies

I'm looking for a brief description of what you think would be appropriate for a theme, if we agree on something, a quick sketch or sample of work that you think might be similar, and then what kind of terms or compensation you feel would be fair. Please feel free to message me if I've skipped any details or you have questions.

Looking forward to working with you,

George

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.