Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Weisberg
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So the FFG holiday sale is upon us, and I am trying to decide what as quickly as possible so I lock it all in and I guess...cover the debt with Christmas bonus money next month, or maybe with some saved paychecks.

So, which of the discounted tide of iron expansions should I get? I know they're all good, and if I had unlimited money I would get it all, but I can't. I need to know what's the best. I would say just adding long campaigns is kinda eh for now, adding a couple more players (somehow) would be best, and basically any expansion of content like bringing in more armies like the soviets or british I don't know. Something that makes it into the extensive realistic wargame of my dreams.

Help?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If you can, get the "Days of the Fox" expansion.
But all the expansions add something to the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen J
Australia
Elizabeth Bay
New South Wales
flag msg tools
RAWRRRRRRRR
badge
RAWRRRRRRRR
mbmbmbmbmb
Stalingrad, Fury of the Bear, Days of the fox and Normandy in that order.

Some people may say Fury of the Bear last but I really enjoyed the scenarios even though they can be unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kadisak
United States
Anthem
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For $5 get the Designer Series scenario book too. More missions is always a good thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hss Hss
Norway
flag msg tools
Jupp, $5 for the Designer Series scenario book is darn dirt cheap and good investment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing I was always hoping would become available for sale separately with the 1A acquisition of the license were more dice. Always wanted to get another set of dice to have for this one since sometimes, you need to roll a bucket full and I've always liked these smaller dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ray
Thailand
Bangkok
Bangkok
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Moezilla wrote:
One thing I was always hoping would become available for sale separately with the 1A acquisition of the license were more dice. Always wanted to get another set of dice to have for this one since sometimes, you need to roll a bucket full and I've always liked these smaller dice.

I never liked the small dice that came with the game, so I replaced them with bigger dice (16mm in size). The packs I picked up have twelve dice each. I bought two packs of black and one pack of red for a total of 24 black and 12 red dice.

There are a couple of companies that make good quality six-sided dice in various colors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Maurice Fitzgerald
United States
Allen
TX
flag msg tools
designer
I'll be in my bunk... at moesgametable.com
badge
Time for some thrilling heroics
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh I've got plenty of the bigger dice, I just really liked the smaller dice for this game personally. Wish I could get another set without needing to buy another full copy of the game, was hoping they would be sold separately by 1A down the road but that's to be no more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.