8 Posts

Arcadia Quest» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom AQ Cards for Impact Miniature's Chibi Pony Adventurers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Damien Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
Quite a while ago now, I picked a bunch of Impact Miniature's awesome Chibi ponies to get my eldest daughter more interested in board games. The models were a huge hit but I could never find the time to sit down and work on the cards. Well thanks to a bit of much needed downtime, and a 90% finished card template, I've finally got the cards done. Big thanks to bigblock75 for helping me track down the fonts.

The Chibi Pony Adventurer figures can be found here:

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibipony

And if Chibis are your thing, I fully recommend Impact's other Chibi Adventurer line:

http://www.impactminiatures.com/index.php?option=chibi

Bring on the cards!

There'll likely be some tweaking as we play through the cards, so I'll make sure to update as I go. And when I get the template polished off you'll be able to modify the cards anyway you see fit.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick S
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, that's a lot of cards finished up really quickly.

Impact miniatures make my favorite chibi models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Lamprey
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pretty awesome! Only thing is that "Steampunk Pony" looks more like a "Cyberpunk Pony". The painted figure doesn't... but, the artwork on the card does.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
The cards came together relatively quickly once I got started. It was pretty motivating having the kid constantly over my shoulder going "Wow, I want that one on my team, and that one, and that one..."

I plan to get the template up for you guys in the next couple of weeks; one if I get my way, two if life has anything to say about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
Now that you mention it cyberpunk probably would be a better fit. I'd also really like to add the twin gatling guns to the artwork, but that's a project for another day.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G Rowls
msg tools
Mostly made up of spare parts and sarcasm! ... HTTP Error 418 I'm a Teapot!
mbmb
This is just so ... wrong!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Voss
United States
Waukesha
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's wrong, I don't want to be right.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damien Stanley
Canada
flag msg tools
Template's up

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.