Lincoln Damerst
United States
California
flag msg tools
GameNight!
badge
GameNight!
mbmbmbmb

Tonight on GameNight! Nikki, Dave, Aaron, and Lincoln play Linko designed by Wolfgang Kramer and Michael Kiesling and published by Ravensburger Spieleverlag GmbH.

Thanks for watching and please subscribe to us on YouTube - with more subscribers we get more freedom in how we run the channel.

http://youtube.com/boardgamegeektv
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Valencia
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!! My favorite show on YouTube playing my favorite card game. meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Hansel
United States
Spencer
IA
flag msg tools
Thanks for sharing. I'm always excited to see a new episode come up. Made me late for work because I couldn't resist watching.

I think Aaron's feelings would change over repeated plays. There are a lot of decisions to make here. Ultimately this is a game of timing. There is a lot of tension and anguish in your decisions which to me proves that you have more control over your fate than it might seem like at first glance. If the game were just sheer luck than your decisions wouldn't make any difference.

Of course there is a bit of luck with the draw pile but I also think there should be a little bit of randomness in games.

Is it just me or does Lincoln win every game on GameNight? How does he do it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 Lucky Texan
United States
Arlington
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
as I said elsewhere; great! job. seriously, good instructional video with dead-on analysis and tips. I have people I'm forwarding this to.

coupla questions/comments;

I didn't know that 3 hands was a game. We normally play one hand for each person at the table, rotating start player. We use the active player card when introducing the game to newbs, seems to help when there are multiple conflicts to resolve.

Also, do you have a 'feel' for whether there is any (dis)advantage for the starting player? I'll admit, I wish I had logged the games I've played so I could filter some data but I haven't. I'll note that in your video, the start player ended with a low score.

the game is under $10 now at 'major online retailers' and it has WAY more than payed for itelf. I do wish the cards were a little higher quality - but picking up a replacement game would be so cheap.

and you're right about Duell (https://boardgamegeek.com/filepage/104023/abluxxen-duel-engl... ) , it's a little fiddly, but a good 2-player game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Warnken
United States
Harrison
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.
badge
Happy grandfather!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm with Aaron on this one. I'd play it at the end of the day if someone brought it out but would never ask to play it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mb
I feel this game works best with 4 or more players. With 3 players I feel you don't get enough options to get more cards, so therefore whoever starts with the best hand wins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Clarke
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the cards are numbered 1 through 13 and there are 8 of each, plus the X's. Could you not just play this with two decks of standard playing cards and have the jokers as the X's?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George I.
Switzerland
Lausanne
Vaud
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
livevyne wrote:
So if the cards are numbered 1 through 13 and there are 8 of each, plus the X's. Could you not just play this with two decks of standard playing cards and have the jokers as the X's?
Yes, you can, if it's easy to remember to ignore the suits and just concentrate on the values of the cards. I would have trouble playing Link with two standard card decks, as I'm used to the color-coding of the values.

You also need just 5 jokers for the wildcard X's and you're done. But why not get the game in the first place, these foxes are really cute!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Hamrick
United States
Rocky Mount
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The play-through was very helpful. I had been considering this game for some time, After watching, however, I am with Aaron. So, you saved me some $$ and that's good, too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle Mahoney
United States
Lihue
Hawaii
flag msg tools
mb
After logging way too many plays to count, I can assure all of you that this game is just about as random as Hearts. Seemingly random, but definitely not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.