Popular Tags: [View All]
Tony Hodge
United States
Hanover
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
After reading the rules I'm looking for one clarification. The rules seem to indicate during the identifying the culprit phase the ghost gets to pick which of the chosen suspect groups is the true culprit, presumably whichever one he feels best fits his hand of cards.

I seem to remember when playing the Polish version the ghost had to randomly select the suspect group. Is the way I interpreted the English rules the way this version is meant to be played or did I just miss where they indicated you randomly choose the suspect group?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nico
Germany
Germany
flag msg tools
But I don’t want to go among mad people
badge
Oh, you can’t help that, we’re all mad here.
mbmbmbmbmb
I think they changed it in the english rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J V
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The ghost gets to pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
You know, this is one of those games where the exact rules don't really matter, as long as you have fun. In competitive games, rules need to guarantee objectiveness and fairness to give everyone an equal shot at winning. And therefore strict adherence to the rules as written is important.

In coop games you could play a little looser with the rules, to find a mode that fits your group better.

You could let the ghost choose the killer, location and object in your early games, and then once that becomes too easy, pick those things at random.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MGS
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Warhammer: Diskwars
mbmbmbmbmb
soccastar001 wrote:
After reading the rules I'm looking for one clarification. The rules seem to indicate during the identifying the culprit phase the ghost gets to pick which of the chosen suspect groups is the true culprit, presumably whichever one he feels best fits his hand of cards.

I seem to remember when playing the Polish version the ghost had to randomly select the suspect group. Is the way I interpreted the English rules the way this version is meant to be played or did I just miss where they indicated you randomly choose the suspect group?

I thought that in the Polissh rules you did not use the object or location when declaring the final culprit. This changes the dynamics. Since in the English rules you have to represent all 3 elements, it makes more sense to allow the ghost choose the group hat he can better represent with the available hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laura "lelo" D. Arrowsmith Deddens Gerard
United States
Pearland (near Houston)
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Polish First Edition rules are different from
the Polish Second Edition rules are different from
the Ukrainian rules are different from
the English Libellud rules.

I'm not sure about the other editions.
And there may be translation errors/differences.
Tajemnicze Domostwo has had at least 4 publishers in at least 5 languages.
Mysterium (2015) has been published in at least 10 languages.

Plus there are a couple of expansions to Tajemnicze Domostwo that add even more rules.

It's a big rules smorgasbord.

Just make sure your group decides which rules to use before you play.
The default should be according to the rulebook that you have.

In the 2015 English Edition by Libellud, the ghost gets to pick (based on what cards he has that will make good clues). After picking, he puts the corresponding culprit token (circular number token) face down on the epilogue board in the indicated space.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.