Popular Tags: [View All]
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good news, everyone!

We have finally been able to start the production of the new, improved Potion Explosion marble dispenser!
We designed this new version implementing a lot of tweaks and fixes, also thanks to the players' feedback here on BGG. As we already announced, we will send a copy of this new dispenser, free of charge, to all our early supporters, the players who bought the game at the SPIEL, back in Essen.

To receive it, you just have to write us an email at the address customercare@horrible-games.com. We will need you to write us your address and phone number (the carrier will need this to contact you in case of issues with the delivery); also remember to attach a photo of your "Whoopsie!" token! The printing process will be starting in the next few days. We will send you your replacement dispenser as soon as it is ready.

If you also need any other replacement parts (because of defective marbles, damaged parts etc.) please also send us photos of all the parts you'd like to be replaced, we'll do everything we can.

Sincerely,
Alessandro
Horrible Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the game actually available on EU market? Is the first "real" printing after Essen actually done?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We will have another small printrun (games are being printed right now), which should be available early next year, or, with a bit of luck, in time for the holidays (we can't promise anything though).
The first, big printrun will happen in january, and the game will be available a few weeks later (no solid dates to share, yet, sorry).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's a preview of the assembling instructions of the new dispenser!
What do you think about it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
rattkin wrote:
Is the game actually available on EU market? Is the first "real" printing after Essen actually done?

This is an official release from Horrible Games:

"As you may already know, Potion Explosion was sold out after its successful launch during the SPIEL fair in Essen, last October. We're now very pleased to announce that the first reprint of Potion Explosion is finally approaching its release! The first few copies will be available in English, German and Italian just in time for the holidays. More copies (and languages) will come early next year. Stay tuned!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
steven smolders
Belgium
Heist-op-den-Berg
Antwerpen
flag msg tools
badge
Love to play boardgames with my family and spending time toghter
mbmbmbmbmb
Castef wrote:
rattkin wrote:

This is an official release from Horrible Games:

"As you may already know, Potion Explosion was sold out after its successful launch during the SPIEL fair in Essen, last October. We're now very pleased to announce that the first reprint of Potion Explosion is finally approaching its release! The first few copies will be available in English, German and Italian just in time for the holidays. More copies (and languages) will come early next year. Stay tuned!"

That's good news. I played the game with my family with a borrowed copy and they liked it alot so i'm waiting on the game to come availeble again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chris o
msg tools
Will there be copies for sale in Nuremberg? I missed out at Essen and I'd love to have a copy

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick
msg tools
Algaroth wrote:

Got my new pieces yesterday. So much better!

- now the marble runs are black on one side it's really obvious whixh way they fold
- the side pieces are double-sided with and without graffiti so you can assemble a 'used' or 'clean' version (thanks guys!)
- everything fits together nice and tightly, plus the sides are now perfectly straight so it doesn't rock on the table like the old one
- the arches are bigger so my marbles won't get stuck (!)
- the marble runs are supported all along their length, so they don't 'sag' and allow marbles to fall side by side
- no more fiddly trefoil pieces!

Pics of new and old dispenser side by side:

Great work, guys! Going to have another game tonight

Nick
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
cobremski wrote:
Will there be copies for sale in Nuremberg? I missed out at Essen and I'd love to have a copy

Yep, you should find it without problems at the fair.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dirk Rieberghs
Belgium
Turnhout
-- Maak uw keuze --
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just wanna mention here the extremely superb service of Horrible games !!
I send them a mail for the new dispenser, they gave me an answer within 30 minutes and three days later the dispenser was arrived to my door (coming from Italy) !!

The new dispenser is really great, far more robust then the first one !!! Tonight it gonna hit the table

Thanks to Horrible games and thanks for the excellent service !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Roach
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We have the Heidelberger edition, and found that changing around the order a bit makes it easier to assemble. The way it is written, the footstopper for the lanes gets blocked by the lanes, and when trying to adjust that, often other parts of the mechanism slide out of their respective slots.

If you first attach the footstopper (step 4) and then insert the lanes (step 3), it works better. If you start with the outer lanes and work in, you can just slide them along the headboard, and the lanes don't prevent the foot piece from being slotted in.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I had a lot of fun assembling it. No real problems, just took a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Fiedler
Australia
Colebee
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Heidelberger (German 1st edition) use the old or new marble dispenser?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Schepers
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ReqMan wrote:

The new one, seems to me (black underside of the lanes, double-sided artwork).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Castelli
Italy
Rome
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
SirWillibald wrote:
ReqMan wrote:

The new one, seems to me (black underside of the lanes, double-sided attore).

Exactly.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jakob Lundgren
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They still have Potion Explosion in stores where I live. Do those copies have the old tray mechanism?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Dean
United States
Lewistown
Pa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the Whoopsie!" token?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alessandro Pra'
Italy
flag msg tools
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Gamer191 wrote:
What is the Whoopsie!" token?

If you don't have it (a big cardboard piece full of text, with a very big "Whoopsie!" header) you don't need to worry about it. It was a thing we gave to all our Essen '15 customers who bought one of the early defective copies of the game. It contained the instructions to receive the replacement dispenser.

All the copies produced from November '15 onwards have the new marble dispenser, the old one was just produced in something like 500 specimens, and it never reached stores.
It was only present in the copies we directly sold during that edition of Essen SPIEL.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
senator hung
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Algaroth wrote:

if you're looking for expansion ideas, how about an vertical ramp extension with pachinko / plinko pillars to return the marbles ? you could then have some kind of additional scoring / bonus for each of the return tracks.

i'm thinking that if you have a marble in your beaker, on each turn before your next play, you can drop one of those down the ramp. you can have different 'scoring' overlays for the return track with different coloured marble layouts. if you match the colour of your marble with the marble slot, you get some bonus / score. maybe you get to return one of the professor pieces ? if anyone does get a match, the overlay is switched out for another one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.