Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin Chamberlain
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mine did, is that the way it is suppose to be?

Also, is there a way of changing it that it will capture more blocks or less?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Slater
United Kingdom
Newport
Newport, South Wales
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, and no.
Its in 3 parts, Base, Tower and "Funnel" for want of a better term.

The tower bit that holds the cubes is in one peice, yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon
United States
Edmond
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
admin
Convention Committee
badge
BGG.CON! BGG.CON SPRING! BGG@SEA!
mbmbmbmbmb
I imagine you could easily modify it to "catch" more cubes pretty easily. Off the top of my head, I'd think you could us pieces of Post-It notes, cut to size, to partially obstruct portions of the inner baffles.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One odd thing about the tower is that one corner has fewer obstructions, while the other three are clearly more likely to catch cubes. I did a little informal test to confirm this. I think the solution is to drop the cubes from a bit higher up and aim exactly at the center of the funnel, but it's still strange that you can skew your results if you just "know the secret."

The post-it note idea is nice. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Seal of Approval
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So...if the post-its come out of the tower, is that an extra army for yellow?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gergely Orsó
Hungary
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Jon Waddington wrote:

I think the solution is to drop the cubes from a bit higher up and aim exactly at the center of the funnel, but it's still strange that you can skew your results if you just "know the secret."

Hm, this might not work out the way you want it to. As far as I know you're supposed to throw all the cubes participating in the battle (for all the armies involved) in one "throw". Ok, you can aim for the "easy corner", but if you can tell who's cubes it will affect, you should seriously consider playing some dexterity game instead

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon W
United States
Aurora
CO
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Lord Vetinari wrote:
As far as I know you're supposed to throw all the cubes participating in the battle (for all the armies involved) in one "throw". Ok, you can aim for the "easy corner", but if you can tell who's cubes it will affect, you should seriously consider playing some dexterity game instead

Hm, maybe I should....

I'm aware of the "one throw," but I don't think it changes the thrust of my concern about bias. If you know the "easy corner" (the rear left if the bowl is toward you), your results (both your cubes and the rest) will be more consistent than if you just chuck the cubes anywhere; I know I'd prefer better pass-through on small battles where I have a minor edge than in cases where I have a huge advantage, or perhaps I'd like more cubes to "stick" in anticipation of some upcoming defensive rolls.

It's not a perfect pass-through, of course, and just the rattle of the cubes will dislodge others (though it does seem like some nooks and crannies of the tower will hold particular cubes for the whole game). I didn't do an exhaustive test, I just threw a few times against each corner, and the rear-left had more consistent pass-through.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.