Subject: can you fire out of woods or buildings rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Burdett

Honeoye Falls
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just played my first game this weekend (loved it, BTW), and the wife and I are sitting down tonight for scenario 3. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question, but now I canNOT find the exact place in the rules...

If a unit is in a building or in a hex that contains woods (i.e., the white center dot is within the building or woods), can that unit fire (or op fire) at an enemy (even adjacent)?

Similarly, can a unit in the open fire at an enemy whose hex contains woods or a building? Does it change if they're adjacent?

I believe I read that the answer to both questions is "no". Does that mean that your only option for attacking is to advance?

Thanks in advance...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff-n-jessa wrote:
I just played my first game this weekend (loved it, BTW), and the wife and I are sitting down tonight for scenario 3. I'm pretty sure I know the answer to my question, but now I canNOT find the exact place in the rules...

If a unit is in a building or in a hex that contains woods (i.e., the white center dot is within the building or woods), can that unit fire (or op fire) at an enemy (even adjacent)?

Similarly, can a unit in the open fire at an enemy whose hex contains woods or a building? Does it change if they're adjacent?

I believe I read that the answer to both questions is "no". Does that mean that your only option for attacking is to advance?

Thanks in advance...

Terrain in the firer's and target's hexes do not block line of sight. Well, maybe they do for hills, but aside from that, they can provide cover. That is, a unit in a building, if fired upon, has a cover of 3 (which is added to their morale).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Burdett

Honeoye Falls
New York
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wow, I really messed up that rule... Thanks for the quick reply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ethan McKinney
United States
El Segundo
California
flag msg tools
badge
No, you cannot fire out of buildings. If you go into a building, you have to shut all the doors, close all the windows, pull down the shades, hide inside cabinets, and close your eyes really, really tight.

devil

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Christopher
United States
Salem
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
In the wonderful game, Bonaparte at Marengo, this is how to get nasty Frenchies out of a village.
mbmbmbmbmb
jeff-n-jessa wrote:
wow, I really messed up that rule... Thanks for the quick reply

Not a problem. Section 10 of the rules is what you're looking for, sepcifically 10.1 for your question. That must have been one hard game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.