Baron Necro's Plot (Issue #2)
-- Recap of Issue #1 --
Baron Necro has a plot to overthrow the Powers That Be, and he had recruited Battery-Man, Da Blink, and Golden Rocket to join him.
Da Blink told his friend Hotshot about the plot, but Hotshot immediately distrusted Baron Necro's intentions. Hotshot is no fan of the Powers That Be, but surely Baron Necro's intention is doom for the world!
Hotshot, Titana, and YGG (with a hand from Marasmos) stopped Baron Necro and his gang, but they were also injured themselves. YGG, moving along with a limp, carried four unconscious heroes back to his lair to heal.
Complete issue: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/146309
NOW... while the heroes heal, Baron Necro and his cohorts have entered YGG's lair to convince Da Blink and Golden Rocket to renew their commitment to the plot. Da Blink and Golden Rocket are confused. They have known YGG, Titana, and Hotshot for a long time, and now they are in YGG's lair where they have been brought back to health. But they are not convinced that Baron Necro has ulterior motives - and they do want to see the Powers That Be overthrown. (That's why they signed onto his plan in the first place.) Plus, they are confused as to why the friends that nursed them back to health attacked them in the first place.
This will be not just be a battle of heroic proportions, but also a battle for the allegiance of Da Blink and Golden Rocket.
Game setup and special rules:
1. The board is set up just like YGG's lair in Adventure Book #1
2. Choose sides.
Team A: YGG, Titana, Hotshot, Golden Rocket, Da Blink, and one other hero.
Team B: Baron Necro, Battery-Man, one other hero, and zombies.
Bid for teams. The player who agrees to take Team B with the fewest number of zombies takes Team B. (There is still a maximum of nine zombies on the board at a time.)
The two new (unspecified) heroes may be selected however the players choose, but a recommended method is for each player to draw five heroes at random and give one to the opponent. Character placement is normal, with each player taking turns placing characters in the two rows closest to them.
3. Team A is recovering. YGG and the new hero are active, but Hotshot, Golden Rocket, Da Blink, and Titana are all unconscious and recovering from their KOs. Start the game with their character cards face down. At the end of each round (after all end of round powers), roll for each unconscious hero. On a roll of 4 or higher, that hero wakes up. Unconscious heroes cannot be attacked or affected in any way. (YGG did a good job of hiding them.)
4. Each team gets 4 device items. These device items represent persuasion. After initial character placement, players place the devices on the hero cards of their choice. Devices are non-transferable, and an unconscious hero cannot use the device until after waking up. If a character is KOed, his/her devices are lost. Instead of attacking, if Golden Rocket or Da Blink is open (and conscious), a hero may discard a device to persuade them to join their team. Whenever Golden Rocket or Da Blink switch teams, they are spent.
The winner is the player with the most heroes after 10 rounds.
Interesting scenario variant, especially as a follow-up to your last session report. I'll have to give it a try.
Everything between now and the next game is just killing time
As a variant to this variant.
4. Each team receives 4 devices and 2 non-device items. When placing the items on the character cards, place them face down. The device items function as above and the non-deveice items have no effect on gameplay (other than to bluff your opponent).
- Last edited Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:01 pm (Total Number of Edits: 1)
- Posted Fri Jan 26, 2007 1:00 pm