One Night Ultimate Werewolf» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are you supposed to include both wolves? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matt Golden
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
The rules specify that if you use the mason, you must include BOTH masons. I can't find any similar wording for the werewolves though. Could you just include one werewolf, or are you supposed to include both?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Wood
United States
Davis
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Usually you should include both to give the werewolves an even chance of being present to be lynched.

Both Masons are used if Masons are present, else they are the same mechanically as a Villager (and know nothing).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeekInsight
United States
Whittier
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, you can include whatever you want. If you want just one wolf or just one mason, then go for it. Mason, even by himself, does have value as a "claimable" villager role.

I don't have the rules in front of me, but I'm pretty sure you're supposed to always put two wolves. Even with only three players, you have two wolves.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
The more wolves the better.

(Yes, you're supposed to have at least 2.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leif The Lucky
United States
Washington DC
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
I play WIFOM with empty glasses
badge
Viking's Law: Anything that can go wrong, *SHOULD*
mbmbmbmbmb
The game doesn't break with only one werewolf, but it's less interesting. With only one wolf, there's a greater chance that everyone is good. Also, villagers need a decent chance of hitting a wolf, so I'd nver play with only one wolf unless I had four players or fewer. (and even then, I'd still play with two wolves)

Having only one mason defeats the point of having masons in the game. Include 2, or don't play with them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Golden
United States
Tennessee
flag msg tools
Thanks for the replies, folks! That clears it up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yushen Sun
China
Beijing
Beijing
flag msg tools
Exactly

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.