Subject: What are the Source Multipliers and how do you use them? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johnny Li
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
I can't find any information on it in the rule book (unless I'm missing something) and none of the tiles seem to allow you to take/place them. Does anyone know?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Leitner
United States
Madison
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
reptile18 wrote:
I can't find any information on it in the rule book (unless I'm missing something) and none of the tiles seem to allow you to take/place them. Does anyone know?

They are just bookkeeping devices in case the supply of basic sources becomes low.

If a player has a lot of one source, they can place some back into the supply and take a corresponding multiplier to keep track.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
reptile18 wrote:
I can't find any information on it in the rule book

Johny Li's answer is correct. Just for reference, it appears in the bottom-left corner of page 2:
Rules wrote:
If you find yourself stockpiling sources of a particular type, save room by using the included source multipliers.

Unfortunately, not all of the italic text in quotation marks by persona pictures is flavour text. Some is rules. /-8
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darrell Goodridge
United States
Windsor Locks
Connecticut
flag msg tools
Currently at 1:2 ratio, getting better every week
badge
I don't want it, I don't need it, but I can't stop myself. - Stabbing Westward
mbmbmbmbmb
As a related question, does having the multipliers mean the sources are limited? Or do you place them back in supply as they are spent? (Obviously, built sources would be removed from supply)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clive Jones

Cambridgeshire, UK
msg tools
mb
No, sources, money and VP tokens are not limited. When you spend them, put them back in the supply; if you run out, just fake it.

(This is confirmed by Alex in the IAQ.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Seth Jaffee
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Cardboardjunkie wrote:
As a related question, does having the multipliers mean the sources are limited? Or do you place them back in supply as they are spent? (Obviously, built sources would be removed from supply)

No, the sources are not piece limited.

In fact, that's why there are multiplier tiles in the first place - so that they don't run out on you (unlikely in mos normal play, but it can happen depending on the devices in play).

So the fact that there are multipliers is evidence that the pieces are NOT limited, not that they are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.