United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Long live prog rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, all -

Rob Daviau came to my campus two weeks ago and gave a talk about legacy games and Pandemic Legacy in particular. I'm happy to finally share the video with you:

Thanks so much to Rob for taking the time to visit campus and give this talk (he also did a workshop with students in my gaming seminar and gave them feedback on their game design projects).

Enjoy!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
i have been super on the fence about Legacy games because of weird OCD kind of things like not being able to explore all of the options, or 'it only changes up to 15 times, then that's it....'
also i have bad handwriting

but anyway, after watching this, i'm sold. not that he made a compelling argument to convince me per se, he just cleared up my (probably) misconception about what actually goes on and helped alleviate my concerns about the permanency of stuff. it also helped me to realise that it is actually right up my ally because i like being able to 'level up' and progress (like in things like Mice and Mystics)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dart
Australia
Melbourne
flag msg tools
"In the beginning, the Earth was without form, and void."
badge
"O I know justice, it's a birthright if you're born right"
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone who's watched it tell me if there's any spoilers in it? (Beyond anything you'd find in the rule book?)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mjdart wrote:
Can someone who's watched it tell me if there's any spoilers in it? (Beyond anything you'd find in the rule book?)
i watched most of it, and there are no real spoilers. he goes over the basic mechanics of the game and gives an example of something everyone does first, but that's it.

he vaguely talks about other kinds of mechanics, but nothing specific
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Maynard
United States
Newburgh
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Long live prog rock!
mbmbmbmbmb
mjdart wrote:

As Andrew mentioned, I can confirm the talk is essentially spoiler free (for both Risk Legacy and Pandemic Legacy). He talks about the kinds of things that legacy games do, but no specifics that would give anything away.

It's a good question and useful for others to know. I'll add a note about this to the description on YouTube.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.