Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
What does -1 reinforcements mean? I have some guesses but can't find that specific term in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, found it. Also, answer for anyone looking. "Reinforcements" total is the number of parachutes you play for recruiting and for this turn that total is reduced by X.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
pirateclem wrote:
Ok, found it. Also, answer for anyone looking. "Reinforcements" total is the number of parachutes you play for recruiting and for this turn that total is reduced by X.

Where did you find this rule?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Waite
United States
Vancouver
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think it means -1 recruit point this turn
For any purchases.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Coe
United Arab Emirates
Abu Dhabi
Abu Dhabi
flag msg tools
I like cats...
badge
...but I usually can't finish a whole one.
mbmbmbmbmb
jayelbird wrote:
pirateclem wrote:

Where did you find this rule?

In the old rule book (Files section), the parachute icon is referred to as "reinforcement point value" in at least one location. That's how I figured it out. I was originally reducing the size of my recruit pool in the drop Zone.

P.S. I made some other fun mistakes my first go that gave me a score of 20 something before I stopped counting :)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julius Besser
United States
Memphis
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, I see. Because I had initially thought it means you draw one less card from the player deck at the beginning of the turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Swack
United States
Aurora
Colorado
flag msg tools
So I also asked this question in the thread regarding the Pathfinder card, but I'll also ask here. Hope that's ok. With the Pathfinder card you have 2 points to spend on two separate recruits. Do you subtract from both totals or just one as the card states "-1 to reinforcement total" and not total(s), I would assume just one total but that might be reading two much into the exact wording.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Michael
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Grable
United States
Charlestown
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
COVFEFE!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, -1 in this case but there are also -2 cards so I just stated it as X above. I never did find a rules explanation in the rules, found it in the forums here but wanted to leave a bread crumb trail here for anyone else looking for the same answer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Barry Miller
United States
Saint Charles
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

OK, so anytime we see mention of the term "reinforcement" in these forum threads (especially any dated prior to Nov '15), we're to translate it to "recruitment"? That would make sense.

Now that I finally have the game I'm scouring all the threads and a few are making me more confused than before for this reason... such as this one: Precision on Mission Discard area, Slots, Terrain/Location and some Objectives

I was assuming there was an update to the rules, but this thread confirms that so I don't have to keep researching. Thx!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil L

Winston-Salem
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok, so does this mean that when Rommel's Asparagus is in play, if I want to recruit Cpt. Wishik (cost of 5), I have to play recruit cards totaling 6 parachutes? 6-1 = 5 = cost of Cpt Wishik?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan van der Laan
Netherlands
Leeuwarden
Friesland
flag msg tools
badge
Als u begrijpt wat ik bedoel.
mbmbmbmbmb
CamelCity wrote:
Ok, so does this mean that when Rommel's Asparagus is in play, if I want to recruit Cpt. Wishik (cost of 5), I have to play recruit cards totaling 6 parachutes? 6-1 = 5 = cost of Cpt Wishik?
This is correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.