Popular Tags: [View All]
Nick
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just snagged a copy of the KS version of this and looking at the stretch goals, I'm not seeing anything wowing me, yet I see copies of this have sold for quite a penny online.

In everyone's opinion, would you offload the KS edition at a higher price and rebuy the standard retail edition, or are the stretch goals really worth hanging on to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Stretch goals have sentimental value for me. Definitely keeping the KS edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aernout Casier
Netherlands
Nijmegen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampyur wrote:
Just snagged a copy of the KS version of this and looking at the stretch goals, I'm not seeing anything wowing me, yet I see copies of this have sold for quite a penny online.

In everyone's opinion, would you offload the KS edition at a higher price and rebuy the standard retail edition, or are the stretch goals really worth hanging on to?

1)The Gallerist is an awesome game. People are catching on to this.
2)Some people are completists. They want their games/collections to be complete.
3)Having a KS edition gives the illusion that one was an early adopter.

My guess is that these reasons explain why people are willing to pay more for a KS edition (with some extra art & extra goodies).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Ashmore
United States
Surprise
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Some of the stretch goal art (Ones that give 3 tickets, no fame, and lots of fame, no tickets) I think are great. The clear cubes you could get from the Boardgamegeek store, but you would have to buy 30 just to get the 8 you would need.

Personally, I would keep the KS edition, but that's me.

Brian
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M.C.Crispy
United Kingdom
Basingstoke
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For me, it's seldom about stretch goals when I support a KS project - and it certainly wasn't for this project. However, I won't be parting with my extra artwork tiles for any reason. The rest of the stretch goals were totally "meh".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Ben
Canada
Vancouver
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
Of course I've been up all night! Not because of caffeine, it was insomnia. I couldn't stop thinking about coffee.
mbmbmbmbmb
It's really simple. If you didn't own a KS copy would you pay the going rate to buy it? If yes, congrats you have one, if not sell it because you obviously value that much money more.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben O'Steen
United Kingdom
Bishops Stortford
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Pointless? The game is as the designer intended which makes the stretch goals just nice things to have and things that don't affect the balance of the game, unlike some KS games I could mention. I certainly would not say they are pointless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I feel this thread demonstrates why you should probably keep the Kickstarter edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence Myers
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
http://playtmg.com/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS, but I did make it to Essen. I stopped by the Eagle-Gryphon Games booth and watched Vital Lacerda explain the rules playthru of this game (his voice was almost gone by then). I went back to my hotel and put in a preorder for this game. The next day I went back to the booth and told them I put in an preorder for the game and they gave me the KS promo items (final score marker, closth bag, clear cubes, and brown essel) but excluding the art work. So I guess I have a half stretch goal KS version now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Pennsylvania
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vampyur wrote:

Sell it to someone else that will be Wow-Ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy Everything!
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bogusgig wrote:
I missed the KS, but I did make it to Essen. I stopped by the Eagle-Gryphon Games booth and watched Vital Lacerda explain the rules playthru of this game (his voice was almost gone by then). I went back to my hotel and put in a preorder for this game. The next day I went back to the booth and told them I put in an preorder for the game and they gave me the KS promo items (final score marker, closth bag, clear cubes, and brown essel) but excluding the art work. So I guess I have a half stretch goal KS version now.

And I ordered direct from EGG and got the art work and not the other KS promo items, between the two of us we have one complete KS edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.