Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, I have not played enough of this game (just got it yesterday), but I am wondering...

The game was designed to use 8 police. And it worked fine.
Now, the new rule will use only 2, since that will add to the strategy.

Ok, why such a dramatic change? Does that mean there is a lot of possible "difficulty adjustments" if you decide to use, for example 4 police?

What I am asking is what exactly changes from having 8 to having 2. And what is the difference if you have 4, or 3 or a different number...

If I keep playing with 2, then I will never use the other 6 police for anything?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am still wondering wether it is the new rule or a variant. The latter would be optional, the first would mean we have received outdated rules when we got our Kickstarter rewards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
snake2shake wrote:
I am still wondering wether it is the new rule or a variant. The latter would be optional, the first would mean we have received outdated rules when we got our Kickstarter rewards.

This is what happened:

The game was already in production and a few copies were at Essen. There, the new variant rule of using 2 police appeared, and everyone seemed to like, even the designer.
According to the french forum I read, he suggested it to the publisher, since he prefers this new rule to the original. So, they decided to put it in PDF format for everyone as a variant for this edition.

But this will be the default rule for future editions. There is also a suggestion that in order to adjust the 2-player game, 3 police should be used.

So the rule will be : use only 2 police (3 in case of 2 and 5 player games)

To clarify, the game TOTALLY works per the original rules. This is a variant that appeared after so much people were able to play it in Essen. I even read pros and cons for both rules, so those aware of them can use whatever they like

(And I am curious on what to do with all those police left!)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Turner
United Kingdom
Farnham
Surrey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Why would anyone play with the old rules, if the new ones make the game work better?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan F T
Colombia
Bogota
DC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MrMT wrote:
Why would anyone play with the old rules, if the new ones make the game work better?

Again, the current rule works perfectly fine. It is just a matter of preference.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benoit Bannier
France
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

In the normal rule, there is almost never more than 4 or 5 policemen in play at the end of the game.

We put 8 in the base box because it was the maximum that could bring into play even if it was unlikely.

The new rules with 2 cops (3 at 2 players), is better for deduction and I like it but, the "normal" rules work well if you prefer
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Theuerkaufer
Germany
Freiburg
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I would have wanted the v2 rule book with my box. Oh the drawbacks of being an early adopter ;-) I will try both and see what I like better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.