Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
In our latest episode of Ding & Dent we spend a lot of time talking about board games that elevate beyond a game and into the sphere of art. We mention a few games but really talk about about The Grizzled before going into a review. You can find links to iTunes, Stitcher, SoundCloud and all that on our homepage or you can even listen directly through BGG here: Episode 6 - Pete Ruth, Boardgames As Art, And The Grizzled Review. The art/Grizzled stuff starts about 40 minutes in if you want to skip to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've been enjoying your podcast since episode one, please keep up the good work .

I agree with you guys about 'The Grizzled', it's an amazing game that I am very glad to have in my collection. I try to steer new players into experiencing the game like you talked about on your podcast. Fantastic quick game that deals with a heavy theme in a way that doesn't make light of the plight those men faced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for listening and the kind words!

I definitely think it's a game worth setting the stage for, so to speak. I personally think it works really well mechanically (I also like Hanabi a lot), but getting into the theme and setting makes it shine.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.