Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Roth
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm wondering if I can get this in during a single game day? We did Asylum in 3.5-4 hrs. What's the expected time for Marcy Case to get completed?

(Note that some of the folks aren't in town regularly, so it's either all or nothing for me to bring this to the game day.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik Rodriguez
United States
Tomball
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcy Case took my group roughly the same amount of time as Asylum - possibly a little less time (3-4 hrs)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Roth
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We ended up taking longer than Asylum, but had 2 new players.
We also didn't quite finish:
Spoiler (click to reveal)
On our 4th playthrough, We mixed up the girls and sent the wrong one, at which point we knew what we had to do, but didn't waste the time of going through the motions

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
What Van Ryder Game are YOU playing?
mbmbmbmbmb
My group through good decision and Oa Lot of fortune finished in under 2 hours midway through run 2. On one hand I'm happy we did so well, but on the other we didn't even see half the cards, so it felt like a lesser experience.

Planning to play an experiential solo run just to see the rest.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Roth
United States
Oak Park
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, this story, much more so than Asylum, seems to be luck based in terms of how you make some early guesses.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Herman
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Marcy Case took us five hours (Asylum took us 4.5).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry Tresman
United Kingdom
Christchurch
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
My group through good decision and Oa Lot of fortune finished in under 2 hours midway through run 2. On one hand I'm happy we did so well, but on the other we didn't even see half the cards, so it felt like a lesser experience.

Any chance of an Update on Hostage Negotiator 2 - The original date is November 2015 - Is there an issue we should know about ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Starman54 wrote:
vanrydergames wrote:

Any chance of an Update on Hostage Negotiator 2 - The original date is November 2015 - Is there an issue we should know about ?

No issue. Waiting to hear any day the games have arrived in Europe. May end up being December, but should be soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
The Marcy Case took us 2.5 hours to complete, with two new players. It felt more straight-forward to solve than Asylum but partly that was because we knew the rules this time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
We played Asylum in about 4 hours, but 30 mins of that was a lot of downtime due the badly written rules and us not working out how to play.

After that, I ran two groups through it, telling them the rules, and it took them 3.5 to 4.5 hours to play.

Marcy we did yesterday, and we didnt rush, but we also didnt play slow. And it took us about 4.5 hours, even though we did it in a total of 72TU (over 3 runs). But we were playing with the new rules for spending TU which does change the game quite a bit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We finished Asylum im about 4h, 4 runs, 3 sessions; Marcy Case in 4.5h, 5 runs, 3 sessions. In both cases we would have finished earlier when we had remembered better, we took no notes and it was a great experience this way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
Check out all my instructional How to Play videos at youtube.com/GamingRulesVideos
mbmbmbmbmb
txnull wrote:
We finished Asylum im about 4h, 4 runs, 3 sessions; Marcy Case in 4.5h, 5 runs, 3 sessions. In both cases we would have finished earlier when we had remembered better, we took no notes and it was a great experience this way.

Asylum in 4 runs?

That's not possible

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ALeX
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
Asylum in 4 runs?
At our end of run 3 we had no time left, knew about the no limit rule, but couldn't figured the final puzzle and knew that the picture in the office would be the key but couldn't go back. And it was late. So we decided to just start over next week.

The next session we looked (because it didn't cost any more TU since we already were in that room) at the painting again and found that we missed the ++++- hint last time, which was required to solve the puzzle. The picture was also helpful but maybe not required.

And I don't like the no limit rule. It's probably supposed to limit the game time but if you're stuck, like we were, it would've ruined our game experience if we had to go though all open rooms to see if we can find more information.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich P
United Kingdom
Sheffield
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
I didn't know what to do with my UberBadge, so I left it as a GeekBadge.
badge
Planning...
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
txnull wrote:

Asylum in 4 runs?

That's not possible

It took us 4 runs too.
It's perfectly possible if you played it prior to any official clarification on what to do if everyone dies during the 3rd run (and even after this clarification if you're not aware of it).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.J. Porfirio
United States
Thompsons Station
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PaulGrogan wrote:
But we were playing with the new rules for spending TU which does change the game quite a bit.

Paul can you elaborate on what you mean by this please?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Grogan
United Kingdom
Cullompton
Devon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
vanrydergames wrote:
PaulGrogan wrote:
But we were playing with the new rules for spending TU which does change the game quite a bit.

Paul can you elaborate on what you mean by this please?

Check out the FAQ that I put together. We had official clarifications about the TU spending for actions is actually (to most of us) the opposite of what it says in the rulebook.

In total, that probably saved a few TU here and there. Not much in the grand scheme of things, but really changes the way the game plays.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.