Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the DPG website, translation from French. Apologies for any mistakes. Neither English nor French are my native languages:

"Gentlemen,

Here we are more than two years fighting on the Normandy front. The path was long. Some would say even painful ... But we made good progress on this path. From nothing, we published nearly thirty extensions in addition to the two basic boxes Heroes and Shadows.

We can speak of a tour de force. Certainly there was gnashing of teeth and tightness. But overall, we can say that we managed to fulfill our dream, published the first two chapters of the adventure of Heroes Tactical System.

We believe it is time now, before tackling a result (because yes, of course there will be a sequel), to stabilize the system, to consider two years of returns, advice, comments, of rants, valves, founded and unfounded criticism, congratulations, insults, encouragement and good laughs. Two years of game fairs, meetings with players, tests evenings with our fantastic group of guinea pigs, surprise visitors on our premises to collect their backers pledges and the discussions that followed, partnerships with extraordinary people. Two years to live with the community of Heroes Tactical System (we can say that now that SoN exists).

Two great years that lead us to today.

We are pleased to announce our third campaign on Kickstarter. But what will be into it? Good question my good people, even if the language is poor ...

This will be a campaign focusing mainly on Heroes of Normandy. It aims to finance the production of various elements that we want to create and enable us to allocate time and energy to redesigning and rewriting the rules, rules that serve as a solid foundation for all universes we will develop thereafter. This version will not render obsolete the old versions but will clarify the rules and make them more precise. We are honored to have Croc who is endorsing the role of site manager and editor (in the literary sense) of Heroes of Normandy Compendium.

This Compendium will include all rules that are currently scattered in four scenarios packs, five newspapers, in addition to a pdf of the base box rulebook. It will be accompanied by scenarios sheets, incorporating the existing scenarios and some unpublished new ones. The chapter on "free" mode that uses the army points will be developed and presented also as sheets. Gaming aids involving all special abilities, terrain features and recruitment will also be provided with options. Everything will be stored in a cardboard sleeve/ wallet.

We also hope to include a section dedicated to awesome (Thanks Jamie!) Mister Bonvalot's illustrations and visual enlarges of our finest game pieces. Texts will accompany these images to present the adventures of the heroes HoN.

The special rules for the future extensions that will come out after the publication of the Compendium will follow the same format and will be stored in the same wallet.

There will be two Pledges HoN:

- One including the Compendium, an exclusive punchboard and a surprise;

- Another one including the Compendium, an exclusive punchboard, surprise and storage solution for the elements of the basic box of Heroes of Normandy.

- A third pledge will be available. It will offer a storage solution for elements of the basic box of Shadows over Normandy. It will only cover SoN and will not give access to stretch goals that will be exclusively HoN.

The stretch goals will revolve around improving the quality of the Compendium and of course some new units and surprises.

The add-ons will supplement the storage space, to get their hands on cards protectors awaited by many of you and be able to acquire the KS exclusives that you may have missed. It will also offer storage and cards protection for Shadows over Normandy. As you can expect from us by now, there will surely be some surprises that will emerge during the campaign.

This new adventure will allow us to refocus on the community that made the success of the game and answer many wishes expressed in our forums. Thank you for everything and hope to see many of you on Kickstarter!

The Devil Pig Team"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its already available in English

http://www.devil-pig-games.com/en/en-route-vers-le-prochain-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Brown
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't tell by this announcement, will the base game be included in this Kickstarter "Compendium?" I've had HoN on my wishlist for some time and will throw in on this if I can get the whole deal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Too bad they didn't put a date in there....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Ridge
United States
Martinez
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MAJBrown22 wrote:
I can't tell by this announcement, will the base game be included in this Kickstarter "Compendium?" I've had HoN on my wishlist for some time and will throw in on this if I can get the whole deal.

I get the feeling from this post that it will only be clearer rules, some new punchies, and a storage soulution for HoN, or a separate storage solution for SoN.

If you just want the base game just purchase it right now, no international shipping fees or currency conversion. $45 bucks at Minimart right now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry for not having checked the English forum as well before posting. Usually there is so much more unique information on the French forum that I stopped bothering with the English forum long time ago.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any info on a launch date?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean
United States
Mill Creek
Washington
flag msg tools
"Recetivism"
badge
RePEAT O-ffender!
mbmbmb
Bruiser419 wrote:
Too bad they didn't put a date in there....

Yes. I guess "today" must mean that today is the day for the announcement that there will be a ks?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Buman
United States
Harlan
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I had read somewhere on the Devil Pigs website that it was originally scheduled for November 19 or 20 but would be pushed back a little due to the recent events in Paris. It sounded like they were still thinking November though.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1932f20 wrote:
I had read somewhere on the Devil Pigs website that it was originally scheduled for November 19 or 20 but would be pushed back a little due to the recent events in Paris. It sounded like they were still thinking November though.

Yes, Clem was out of the office for a couple of days until his wife was recovered enough he could go back to work. Understandable since she was in the theater where they were executing people.

If I hear anything more I will let folks know, although someone may likely beat me to the goal
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bogdan Alexandru Barbu
Romania
Bucuresti
Bucuresti
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My deepest sympathy goes to Clem and to his wife for the life threatening experience she has recently been subjected in Paris during the terrorist attack. I wish them both quick recovery from that nightmarish episode. Not everyone in that theater has been so fortunate to return home alive... Words are useless to describe what I feel about those atrocities.

Meanwhile something has been moving on DPG facebook page about their next HoN KS, which only goes to show the strength of the French spirit:

Croc pictured as a German Officer, hilarious.
Still wondering about the mysterious wooden box with a red ribbon...

Some other images have hinted towards a more comprehensive individual storage for each army but it's still undetermined if they will be part of this KS or a future one:

Fingers crossed everything shown will come true soon and maybe more. Vive la France!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric D
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Its live on KS Now!!!!

https://goo.gl/OJdNMr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Staples
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Saw it went live on facebook. Backed it. But going to be doing some heavy evaluation. That's a chunk of money.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Now to figure out what the hell I need to do pledge add-on wise??!!

No errata punchboard? Red card!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruce Gazdecki
United States
Lindsey
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
littleidiot wrote:
Now to figure out what the hell I need to do pledge add-on wise??!!

No errata punchboard? Red card!

Yah, I backed for now, but I am so confused as to what I need and or potential want that I may just back out and make my own storage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As someone who was not in the previous two kickstartes this is what it takes to go 'all in'

Base pledge: 47 euros - gets you compendium and basic storage
Normandie Elite Squad boards: 20 euros - Miller's Rangers etc
Kelly’s Heroes: 10 euros
Point du hoc: 20 euros
Full Storage: 100 euros - to store EVERYTHING

196 Euros or 209 dollars

Stretch goals may unlock some new terrain boards and units
4th armored: 5 euros
battle ground set II: 7 euros
1st SS panzer division: 5 euros
Private Brian: 3 euros
Pegasus Bridge Dice Tower - not for me...

217 Euros or 231 dollars

Confirmed by DP that stretch goals are free. That Dice Tower suddenly looks more appealing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
littleidiot wrote:
As someone who was not in the previous two kickstartes this is what it takes to go 'all in'

196 Euros or 209 dollars

217 Euros or 231 dollars

There is confusion on the stretch goals. They are free if you are on a qualifying pledge. You don't have to pay for the stretch goals. They are just showing you the value you get out of the free goal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karl Schurg
Belgium
Mechelen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
littleidiot wrote:

196 Euros or 209 dollars

217 Euros or 231 dollars

Keep in mind that full storage is for all HoN releases to date + gazette 5-8 not yet released, so that includes 3 scenario packs and the HoN parts of the SoN KS as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Little Idiot
Scotland
Manhattan
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Really? Because the hardback stretch goal has no value associated with it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Veltre
United States
Middleville
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
littleidiot wrote:
Really? Because the hardback stretch goal has no value associated with it.

Yeah, devil pig said so in the comments section. I don't know why the compendium doesn't have a value increase next to it. I have no answer there. But I read in the comments by devil pig games that those stretch goals are all free, they are just showing the value of the item you are receiving, to invite people to back at the pledge levels that offer the stretch goals. But it seems to be causing people more confusion which is understandable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
yann uhart
France
flag msg tools
New Airborne Heroes, Dices, Tokens and Cards Available in the KS.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1538673930/heroes-of-no...

Stretch Goals Unlocked :

Next Stretch Goal Save Private Bryan !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Barrett
United States
Lake Forest Park
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmb
I been wanting to get this game and I've been looking at the Kickstarter and I am wondering if this game really needs this elaborate storage system.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:
I been wanting to get this game and I've been looking at the Kickstarter and I am wondering if this game really needs this elaborate storage system.

You can use IRIS Photo Storage to keep all the components... it will take about 4 of them right now *if* you can put 3 platoon's components in each of the smaller compartments. That runs about $100 for the 4 storage cases of 16 compartments each.

Other folks have come up with their own systems, but there is no way you can fit the entire system in just the two core boxes (HoN and SoN), so if you are going in for all of it you will need to figure something out.

If you only have the core box, then you don't need the storage system. It will all fit in the core box.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Adams
Australia
Oakleigh
Victoria
flag msg tools
badge
A fan of new Knizia games
mbmbmbmbmb
Helljin wrote:

If you have a bit of stuff, you do need some sort of system...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
X. Nostradunwhich
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The campaign has busted 70K, and on the French forums there is a teaser of another item to be added:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.