flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WWII Sabotage WIP.
Registered as owned

Wargame PnP Contest.

Hope I can publish files here, and link them
to my WIP entry.
Just want some feedback on brainstorming stuff prior to more decent playtesting stuff.

WIP link
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1471143/operation-gunnersid...

Contest link
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1437092/2015-16-wargame...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd really recommend you to upload them to Google Drive, Yandex.Disk, Mediafire or Dropbox -- or any other file storage service.

Miscellaneous Game Accessory files are usually things that can go with any game, from Monopoly to Dune to Carcassonne. Stuff that go to an individual game, and even more so the files that are an individual game itself, shouldn't go there, in my opinion.

I guess I can use the rules to Operation Gunnerside as a makeshift player screen, but that would sound a bit ridiculous, won't it? =) So I think it's like stashing your thesis blueprints into "Party Hard" photo folder on D:\ -- sure, but maybe there is a better place.

In addition, it usually takes several days for your files to become available to other 'Geeks here, compared to immediate on-your-whim updates in these services I've listed. And if you want quick feedback, quick updates would be a good thing. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MyO the HedgeFox
Russia
flag msg tools
The Verse flows throughout Aquaria. Through each ripple and wave, through every living being, The Verse binds us all as one.
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, of course this topic is already thumbed by the olg Грогнадыч. =)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
G.W.
United States
Sebastopol
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Eker, this is such an exciting concept for a solitaire game -- I hope you see it to completion and get it published!

I want to suggest some games and mechanics that you might find useful or inspiring as you continue to design this.

Enemy Coast Ahead - very similar situation in the use of individual historical characters with specific capabilities, a training system, and some fascinating "push your luck" mechanics as the mission is executed.

RAF - for card and deck mechanisms that generate AI activities. John Butterfield is the maestro of solitaire wargame design and should be studied by all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
oystein eker
Norway
Unspecified
sola
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Broadsword56 wrote:
Eker, this is such an exciting concept for a solitaire game -- I hope you see it to completion and get it published!

I want to suggest some games and mechanics that you might find useful or inspiring as you continue to design this.

Enemy Coast Ahead - very similar situation in the use of individual historical characters with specific capabilities, a training system, and some fascinating "push your luck" mechanics as the mission is executed.

RAF - for card and deck mechanisms that generate AI activities. John Butterfield is the maestro of solitaire wargame design and should be studied by all.

Yes -it is inspired by Enemy Coast Ahead.
Funny you noticed that...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.