Subject: Rebel Fleet Markers Fraying (Black Series) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Victor
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
Has anyone else had problems with getting the fleet markers back into the insert causing them to fray? It's happened with three of mine so far and usually I'm very careful about these things.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Smales
United States
Rome
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Colonel Peter Gansevoort (1749 – 1812) Defender of Ft. Stanwix, Rome, N.Y., 1777
mbmbmb
Not to that point, but I can see how this could happen. the inserts may have to be broken in or widened to prevent this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Charlie Theel
United States
St. Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just tossed that foam, one of the corners of the plastic insert underneath, and the cardboard diagonal center. So I just have one plastic corner which stores all of the plastic pieces and leave the gap in the rest of the box for everything else. Board goes on top.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Chaplin
United Kingdom
Nottingham
Ice-choked tower, Mondavia, Nanglangka.
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
charlest wrote:
I just tossed that foam, one of the corners of the plastic insert underneath, and the cardboard diagonal center. So I just have one plastic corner which stores all of the plastic pieces and leave the gap in the rest of the box for everything else. Board goes on top.

I did the same thing with a heavy heart.

I loved the idea of the custom foam, but it was quickly apparent that it wasn't practical for day-to-day use.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Nicosia
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
SMASH!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
After my first play, I too noticed the fleet markers kind of sticking/getting damaged by removing them from their slots in the foam... so, I just didn't put them back in there.

I saw no reason to remove the foam or any of the inserts, though... it all still keeps everything nicely in place. I just keep the fleet markers loose in one of the insert wells, under the bag of tie fighters.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.