A Game of Thrones: The Card Game (Second Edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Littlefinger variant? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does this game have a Littlefinger variant, which enables players to give ("trade") Gold outside the Marshaling phase?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lytic Phage
msg tools
Sargeras777 wrote:
Does this game have a Littlefinger variant, which enables players to give ("trade") Gold outside the Marshaling phase?

Officially, it has two formats - Joust and Melee, and no 'official' variants. While you could easily adapt kingsmoot, littlefinger, hand of the king, civil war, solo and 2v2 rules from 1st edition variants, none of them would be 'official'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(PSN) SilentSniper_X_
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
As someone who never played 1st edition, what are these different variants?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
1.0 had a bunch of little played variants (Kingsmoot, Civil War, Hand of the King et al.). The Littlefinger variant is possibly the most obscure of those. After reading about it in the CS rulebook five years ago, I've never heard anybody mention it, and had totally forgotten about its existence, until just now when I saw this thread.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ratatoskr72 wrote:
1.0 had a bunch of little played variants (Kingsmoot, Civil War, Hand of the King et al.). The Littlefinger variant is possibly the most obscure of those. After reading about it in the CS rulebook five years ago, I've never heard anybody mention it, and had totally forgotten about its existence, until just now when I saw this thread.

Weird. It's soooo cool; enabling players to increase their Gold pool through trading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helmut Hohberger
Germany
Munich
Bavaria
flag msg tools
badge
Quidquid latine dictum sit altum videtur
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Ratatoskr72 wrote:

Weird. It's soooo cool; enabling players to increase their Gold pool through trading.

As far as I can see, there is nothing to stop you from trying it out with your game group. Maybe you'll start a new trend?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.