A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I'm pretty torn about this, as the cardboard tokens have such nice graphics. What do the rest of you think?

Poll
What pieces (wooden/cardboard) will you be playing with (other than the character discs)?
Wooden Resources
Wooden Technology Gears
Wooden Citizens
Cardboard Resources
Cardboard Technology Gears
Cardboard Citizens
      100 answers
Poll created by ayejae

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim McMahon
United States
West Springfield
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Lookee what he can do! He wants a job!
mbmbmbmbmb
Wooden everything with the resource/gear/citizen stickers I created and posted here: Sticker Complaints: Solution
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It appears so far people are either consistently using all one or the other and not mixing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kathy Sheets
United States
Stuart
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
[q="ayejae"]So, I'm pretty torn about this, as the cardboard tokens have such nice graphics. What do the rest of you think?

Upon first opening I was a bit worried about the same thing but those thoughts quickly went away. I like the chunkiness of the wooden pieces and I think that wins over having graphics on the cardboard pieces for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rick Proctor
United States
Tobaccoville
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:
Wooden everything with the resource/gear/citizen stickers I created and posted here: Sticker Complaints: Solution
I'll be doing mostly the same. I'm going to tweak a few stickers first and I'll use http://phosphorus.github.io/app.html?id=88474885&turbo=false...
The website that
Brian Richard
United States
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
made, to generate random good layouts. At least until an Android app is available to do so.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Jefferies
United States
Oconomowoc
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
My name is Oobydoob Scooby-dooby Banooby. I have the silliest name in the galaxy. (Thumb Wars)
mbmbmbmbmb
jimmcmahon wrote:

And they're brilliant! Takes a long time to cut them out and stick them on, but hey, you only have to do it once! Thanks for the work Jim! For me, you've made the wooden resources usable. Great job.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Meghan Naxer
United States
Kent
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely using the wooden bits for everything. Yes, it would be nice to have a few more stickers, but being able to easily pick up everything makes up for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure if I would prefer the art over the wood either, but for our first game we used wood everything (no stickers except for those provided, at least thus far) and it was great.

One minor gripe, though-- my husband played yellow and between his pieces and the cheese and the wheat and the citizens, it got a little confusing. I do think TMG did their best in trying to keep all the bits slightly different shades of yellow, but yeah. I will try to convince him to play black or something next time!

(If that 4th colour had been purple, now that would have been awesome. Just saying. )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A J
United States
Riverside
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ttallan wrote:
I wasn't sure if I would prefer the art over the wood either, but for our first game we used wood everything (no stickers except for those provided, at least thus far) and it was great.

One minor gripe, though-- my husband played yellow and between his pieces and the cheese and the wheat and the citizens, it got a little confusing. I do think TMG did their best in trying to keep all the bits slightly different shades of yellow, but yeah. I will try to convince him to play black or something next time!

(If that 4th colour had been purple, now that would have been awesome. Just saying. )

I know people really like purple, but it's a difficult color for us colorblind folk, so I'm glad they chose the colors that they did.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tara Tallan
Canada
Scarborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ayejae wrote:
I know people really like purple, but it's a difficult color for us colorblind folk, so I'm glad they chose the colors that they did.

Yeah, I know. There was just a lot of yellow on the board is all I'm saying. I almost felt like I got a glimpse of what it must be like for you colourblind folk!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.