Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings all,

We are a bit late to the party releasing this, but unfortunately we got tied up with preparing files for the Steampunk Rally reprint. Better late than never though!

Orin has designed a fantastically fun promo character that you can download and print with your own copy of Steampunk Rally.

Download Files
>> Download Rube Goldberg Print & Play files (Promo #1)
>> Download Dr.Braun Print & Play files (Promo #2)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like fun...like the new effect!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Eckman
United States
Oviedo
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome!

Why not Doc Von Braun? Von Braun was his family name before his grandfather changed it during World War 1.

Maybe a second promo with the steam train. Eh? Eh?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Saxberg
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Released just in time to celebrate Back To The Future day! cool
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
When will we get real copies of these cards. They're needed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hockey Mask wrote:

Maybe with the expansion they're working on
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Hockey Mask wrote:

Maybe with the expansion they're working on

I hope so. All of my "print n' play" attempts have turned out disastrously.

Hopefully this means we can look forward to even more fictional inventors/scientists in the future.

A few 19th century names to consider:

Victor Frankenstein - focus on electricity, obviously. You could have Igor (and/or the creature) helping out on his cockpit card.

Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde - You wouldn't like him when he's angry. Perhaps he gets a boost when he takes damage.

Captain Nemo (20,000 leagues) - water/steam focus

Phileas Fogg - less of an inventor but he did circumnavigate the globe in 80 days so the Swiss Alps should be child's play.

The Time Traveller (H.G. Wells' The Time Machine) - maybe some kind of re-roll/rewind an action ability.

Doctor Moreau

Griffin/The Invisible Man

Jules Verne (obviously non-fictional) - though not an inventor, Verne pretty accurately predicted the radio, space travel and deep sea exploration decades before they became a reality.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:
Why not Doc Von Braun? Von Braun was his family name before his grandfather changed it during World War 1.

You must be thinking of Doc Brown from the Back to the Future franchise. Can't you see this is a completely unrelated original character? whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Schwartzberg
Canada
Thornhill
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Excellent! Bring on new expansions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Promo PnP fabricated and ready to go....well almost. The standee image is about 2/3 the size of the rest of them. The Rube Goldberg PDF had the same small size one and a full size one. Doesn't Doc Braun deserve a full-size standee?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
claudermilk wrote:
Promo PnP fabricated and ready to go....well almost. The standee image is about 2/3 the size of the rest of them. The Rube Goldberg PDF had the same small size one and a full size one. Doesn't Doc Braun deserve a full-size standee?

Chris, Good point. I've updated the original PDF to include both sizes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oscar Iglesias
Spain
Alcobendas
Madrid
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
About the bonus.
Have to be exactly 3 movement or 3 smooth movement, or you can activate with any combination of movement and smooth movement as long as you get 3 of them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shkar wrote:
About the bonus.
Have to be exactly 3 movement or 3 smooth movement, or you can activate with any combination of movement and smooth movement as long as you get 3 of them?

I think the idea is that you get at least 3 movement from the activation of any one card in your invention. You cannot combine activations of multiple cards for this bonus...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Garry Rice
United States
Perkasie
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Jimmydm90 wrote:

I hope so. All of my "print n' play" attempts have turned out disastrously.

This one shouldn't be too hard to do...just print it out on a piece of cardstock and cut it out. You don't even need to print out the back side with the descriptive text to play it...and then use the blank standee to represent the character.

Jimmydm90 wrote:

Hopefully this means we can look forward to even more fictional inventors/scientists in the future.

A few 19th century names to consider:

Victor Frankenstein - focus on electricity, obviously. You could have Igor (and/or the creature) helping out on his cockpit card.

Dr. Jekyll/ Mr. Hyde - You wouldn't like him when he's angry. Perhaps he gets a boost when he takes damage.

Captain Nemo (20,000 leagues) - water/steam focus

Phileas Fogg - less of an inventor but he did circumnavigate the globe in 80 days so the Swiss Alps should be child's play.

The Time Traveller (H.G. Wells' The Time Machine) - maybe some kind of re-roll/rewind an action ability.

Doctor Moreau

Griffin/The Invisible Man

Jules Verne (obviously non-fictional) - though not an inventor, Verne pretty accurately predicted the radio, space travel and deep sea exploration decades before they became a reality.

Some of these could have some fun effects...Invisible Man could have a secondary effect where you could discard cogs/place dice to be immune to some of the nasty cards in the action deck. Dr. Jekyll/Hyde sounds like it could be fun
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
garry_rice wrote:
Shkar wrote:
About the bonus.

I think the idea is that you get at least 3 movement from the activation of any one card in your invention. You cannot combine activations of multiple cards for this bonus...

Exactly! You have to get to 88mph for the DeLorean...I mean 141kph for the cockpit to activate! arrrh

Fabricating this promo should be really simple. I just fed 110# cardstock through the printer (and it was even able to handle that for the duplexer, so double-sided). Then cut out. Easy. Before I got the printer working with the cardstock, I just printed each side of the Rube Goldberg promo to regular 20# paper, then used a glue stick to glue the prints to each side of the cardstock; then cut out and sealed the edges with Scotch tape. A little bit of kindergarten crafts refresher, but it worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sten Drescher
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Shkar wrote:
About the bonus.
Reading the rule on the card, you have to generate 3 Motion or 3 Smooth Motion, not a mixture of both. Also, I would argue that it needs to be exact. "Four shalt thou not count, and five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then engage the Flux Capacitor."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Orin Bishop
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nets10 wrote:
Shkar wrote:
About the bonus.
Reading the rule on the card, you have to generate 3 Motion or 3 Smooth Motion, not a mixture of both. Also, I would argue that it needs to be exact. "Four shalt thou not count, and five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then engage the Flux Capacitor."

Actually that was intended to be "3 or more." So putting 8 pips on Rocket Boosters or 10 pips on Ion Thrusters would activate it (otherwise your options are a bit limited). Maybe that should be worded less ambiguously.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
So... I see this is part of Promo Pack D in the Dice Tower Kickstarter (along with Rube Goldberg). But that pack is sold out. Will there be any way to get these after the KS? BGG Store? or Roxley website? (I'm terrible at making PnP versions)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lawrence
United States
Tustin
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DrachenFir wrote:
So... I see this is part of Promo Pack D in the Dice Tower Kickstarter (along with Rube Goldberg). But that pack is sold out. Will there be any way to get these after the KS? BGG Store? or Roxley website? (I'm terrible at making PnP versions)

I echo these exact sentiments. I'd also like to know if a corrected Blast Pipe will be available.

It's difficult having to explain the errata to new players, and I don't have the skills to make a decent sticker that would match the card art.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gavan Brown
Canada
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
We have yet to print these for the Dice Tower Kickstarter Campaign. We will print extras when we do and offer them on Roxley's website, as well as the BGG store..
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Compulsive Completist
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Print plenty.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
RoosterJuice wrote:
We have yet to print these for the Dice Tower Kickstarter Campaign. We will print extras when we do and offer them on Roxley's website, as well as the BGG store..

Thanks! I can't wait for these! I'm guessing there won't be plastic versions for the Tesla editions? I would gladly pay extra to have them match the other inventors' cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We will assume you will let us know when they are available?

With that in mind, I'll hold off on re-doing my PnP; my skills are advancing rapidly building the Magic Realm set, and I've been thinking of revisitng Mr. Goldberg and Dr. Braun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank The Tank
United States
Twin Cities
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If there is anyway to "break up" the large card into 2 "standard" sized card for those of use who sleeve when you print them for promos, that would be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.