Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Played a 4 player game tonight... We ran through the cave card deck.... But someone had people left to explore with.... Is it possible? Do you take someone's unused cave card? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Marshall
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
r0cky143 wrote:
Played a 4 player game tonight... We ran through the cave card deck.... But someone had people left to explore with.... Is it possible? Do you take someone's unused cave card? Thanks!

Did you do the limited first turn? With four, you're supposed to start the first turn with two workers needing rest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes we did... My wife got the key card that gave her the ability to use a character after being purchased instead of being exhausted.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg
United States
Lowell
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's a lot of exploring. I have only played a couple games, with 3 and with 4 players, and had another 4 player game going on at the table next to mine one time. Never came close to running out of cave cards.

That said, I don't think you can take someone else's cave card, as they may have a bonus card for uncovered cave cards, or they may want to build an outpost on it.

I guess if you run out, then it's like a limited resource and you can't explore anymore. :shrug:
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
did you make sure to use two villagers every time you explored? if so and you still ran out of cards i'd agree with greg, probably like a limited resource. i suppose you could make your own card and throw in some random numbers for the die rolls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Thompson
United States
Byron Center
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There was a good amount of exploring happening from all players. More than previous games. Part I think was due to the amount of workers wing hired.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Rohrer
United States
Warsaw
Indiana
flag msg tools
visit my blog at http://www.alittlelatetothetable.blogspot.com/
badge
“The way a man plays a game shows some of his character. The way he loses shows all of it."
mbmbmbmbmb
i've seen another thread where they actually take the cave cards from beneath the outposts that have already been built and shuffle and use them. that is actually a pretty good idea!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
LateToTheTable wrote:
i've seen another thread where they actually take the cave cards from beneath the outposts that have already been built and shuffle and use them. that is actually a pretty good idea!

Yeah, this is what I would recommend. Beyond that I think you just have to call it a limited resource.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Brokaw
United States
Hillsboro
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
It's not a damn moped!
mbmbmbmbmb
I also wonder if you were allowing explore with only 1 worker which is not allowed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.