Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there everyone,

So I'm new to the world of board games and jumping right into it. That being said, I've missed out on the Kickstarter packages of Blood Rage and B Sieged and I really want to get my hands on them. Wondering if any of you out there maybe have pledges you decided you don't want. Please let me know and thanks a lot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eugene Hahn
msg tools
Get ready to pay a hefty price. Blood rage shipping campaign had been less than stellar and that frustration is going to reflect in the price. Plus, I don't think many Canada shipments have been sent yet. Good luck and welcome to tabletop gaming. Don't let KS exclusives determine your satisfaction and fun factor.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shakka
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a hint: Trading posts are not allowed, there is the marketplace for that.

Best wishes for your hunt, Shakka

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Rockets
Canada
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
theres one in Canada in the Marketplace

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/829460
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replies. Wondering how the market place works and how legit it is. What reassurances are there to pay for something and receive it?

Another question if anyone can help me, the KS exclusive Wild Boar Clan.. What's the point? Unless the clans have special abilities, I really don't see the point..

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Johnson
Canada
St.John's
Newfoundland
flag msg tools
designer
“Brothers, oh brothers, my days here are done, the Dornishman’s taken my life, But what does it matter, for all men must die, and I’ve tasted the Dornishman’s wife!”
badge
"Oak and iron guard me well, or else I'm dead and doomed to hell." - Andal proverb.
mbmbmbmbmb
You can look at a seller's feedback to get an idea of a seller's reputation. Most people on BGG tend to be pretty reputable in my experience. Paypal also has buyer's protection of some sort I believe. The Wildboar clan is mainly to have new unique sculpts of units. It doesn't allow you to play 5-players (unless using variants).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eeeville wrote:
You can look at a seller's feedback to get an idea of a seller's reputation. Most people on BGG tend to be pretty reputable in my experience. Paypal also has buyer's protection of some sort I believe. The Wildboar clan is mainly to have new unique sculpts of units. It doesn't allow you to play 5-players (unless using variants).

Okay, cool, thank you.

So the extra clan is literally useless then.. So my decision now is basically, should I spend $190 CAN. on a KS version of the game with pledges (found a local selling) or just get the retail version plus the Mystics of Midgard exp. for $96 CAN. and just lose out on the 4 extra monsters that are apparently pretty cool. According to my research the Gods exp. aren't to cool and well all the rest is really not important and just aesthetics which would be nice to have but not really worth so much.

Let me know what you guys think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
Red Lion
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mb
It all depends on what's important to you. If you're just getting into board gaming, the extra money would probably be better spent on the bevy of Black Friday sales that are just around the corner to help bolster your collection.

If you have a completionist personalty like myself and don't want to proxy the missing figures/cards in, I'd say to go for it as the price will most likely only increase on the exclusives once quantities available go down. It's a tough call either way.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dreadknot Knotdread
Canada
Markham
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
It all depends on what's important to you. If you're just getting into board gaming, the extra money would probably be better spent on the bevy of Black Friday sales that are just around the corner to help bolster your collection.

If you have a completionist personalty like myself and don't want to proxy the missing figures/cards in, I'd say to go for it as the price will most likely only increase on the exclusives once quantities available go down. It's a tough call either way.

While that is excellent advice, you probably missed the fact that he's from Canada. Which means, while we have some weak attempts to mimic Black Friday sales up here, there will be no real board game deals of any kind to be found.

If he's lucky enough to live close to a physical store that might carry something decent, then maybe. But that's probably going to be just a bunch of crap that they couldn't sell otherwise and no one wants.

There will be no online sales of any kind worth mentioning, that's for sure.

Not that I'm bitter...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Piperni
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just ended up getting the core box. I missed the KS version, can't win 'em all. Thanks for the advice though, appreciate it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.