Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Zombicide Season 3: Rue Morgue» Forums » Rules

Subject: Helipad and zombie movement (M10) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi all,

Does helipad fence follow the same rules as the barbed-wire fence from Prison Outbreak.
For example: if survivors are behind the helipad fence and the zombies have a LOS to them and there are no stairs to the helipad do the zombies pile in front of the fence, or do they take some other route?

 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus Porter
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to say yes, because it makes sense, but looking at the two rule books I find the following:

1) In the PO book it says "Barbwire fences have a special effect on Zombie movement. Zombies still follow the shortest route to the noisiest Zone or visible Survivor, as if there was no barbwire fence. They pile up at the barbwire fence until a shorter path is defined or the fence is destroyed"

2) In the RM book it says: "Zombicide Season 2: Prison Outbreak players may notice the helipad fence is not a barbwire fence. It can’t be crossed and destroyed by Abominations"

It doesn't specifically say "it also doesn't have any of the other properties of a barbed wire fence", but nothing says that the helipad does either.

I'd just assume that it's high enough above the ground that combined with a thicker fence it's enough to make zombies go around it. After all, the token to breach it isn't a hole like for the barbed wire fence, but instead represents stairs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I agree with Marcus...I would just treat it like a normal wall and have the zombies go around.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waggly Bean
United Kingdom
Walsall
West Midlands
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
daviddoughty83 wrote:
I agree with Marcus...I would just treat it like a normal wall and have the zombies go around.


Yeah I thought the idea was to treat it like a wall for the most part. The only difference being (if I'm remembering this right) that the Abomb can grab through it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
wagglybean wrote:
(if I'm remembering this right) that the Abomb can grab through it.


Yes this is accurate.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Željan Sudeta
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So as you mentioned helipad is raised so the zombies cannot reach survivors so they do not head toward the fence, but can they climb stairs if I put them on one side of the helipad?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Flander
United States
Elk River
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes. Stairs make it accessible and is used in some of the core box quests.

2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel A
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Is the helipad considered a "street" zone or a room for sighting/spawning rules?

if street: I guess you should be able to stand indoors, looking out through a open door to the helipad and also see the zombies on the street beyond the helpads fence (and shoot them if your range allow). Likewise the zombies on the street will see your survivors inside the (first) room.

If room: The one zone line of sight apply over the fence. But in that case you should spawn zombies when entering the helipad, and be able to search too. And if you enter the helipad-tile on the street and there is stairs up to it, would that also spawn directly, or first when you climb the stairs?

Which one is correct? Or are there a third option?
=)
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Doughty
United States
Atlanta
Georgia
flag msg tools
...are better than one.
badge
Isaiah 41
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Draii wrote:
Is the helipad considered a "street" zone or a room for sighting/spawning rules?

if street: I guess you should be able to stand indoors, looking out through a open door to the helipad and also see the zombies on the street beyond the helpads fence (and shoot them if your range allow). Likewise the zombies on the street will see your survivors inside the (first) room.

If room: The one zone line of sight apply over the fence. But in that case you should spawn zombies when entering the helipad, and be able to search too. And if you enter the helipad-tile on the street and there is stairs up to it, would that also spawn directly, or first when you climb the stairs?

Which one is correct? Or are there a third option?
=)


I would say the first is correct. The helipad is considered a "street" zone. I believe it plays similar to a baracade but can't be torn down by zombie extra activations. However, I do know that the skinner abomination can grab survivors through the fence and pull them into its zone. The only thing I'm not sure of is if you shoot through the fence.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.