Subject: Rules/Game help rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Craig Cromwell
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a lifetime game player and just bought this game. It looks amazing!! However, the rules are disappointing.

1. How many werewolves are recommended based on number of players?
2. How do the wolves pick their victim without the non-werewolves knowing?
3. Do the werewolves only pick one victim per night? (Except for big bad wolf)
4. Does the moderator just announce the victim(s) in the morning?
5. What are the recommended buildings based on the number of players?
6. Do you just hand out building to everyone? Does the building sit in front of each player?
7. What are the tokens for? Are they visible to all?

Any other help you for a newbie would be appreciated!! This game looks so fun, just frustrated by rules!

Craig

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Don't know about this version in particular, but my usual rule of thumb is two wolves for nine players, a third at thirteen, a fourth at seventeen, a fifth at twenty-one.

2. Each night everyone closes their eyes, then the wolves open their eyes and point at their victim.

3. Yes, one victim between them.

4. Yes, when everyone opens their eyes after the night phase, before anyone says anything, the moderator indicates anyone who died in the night.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scarten TheBlackNoldor
msg tools
5. No idea, sorry. I'm annoyed it isn't in the rules.
6. The first round? Yes, after that they switch places sometimes. And yes, they have little spaces where you can fit your character card.
7. They determine wheter or not the player has already used the special power of his building. So he "pays" his token in order to use the power of his building. So yes, they are visible.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moonbi Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
I agree! The rule book is not very helpful. No advice on ratios of werewolves:villagers, or how many 'special' characters should be included. It also doesn't tell you which cards are from each set or expansion. A bit bewildering, and requires googling for clarification.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Brookes
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
1. For me, if there are 12 players = 3 werewolves, 14 players 4 werewolves.
2. At night the storyteller/moderator will send the town to sleep, during which the werewolves will be called to awake. The werewolves in silence look around and point to who they want to kill, all in silence.
3. Yes.
4. The storyteller/moderator will announce the person who has died and flips over their card, unless a certain special card intervenes.
5. I would make sure there are about 3:5 players with buildings to non-building players.
6. The moderator distributes the tokens, then everyone turns their token over, the token correlates to the building the person receives. If they get a bindle token, they do not receive a building.
7. see above, and yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Álvaro Villanueva
Peru
flag msg tools
So, what do you need the buildings for? Isnt it enough with the tokens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.