7 Posts

Kingdom Death: Monster» Forums » Rules

Subject: Spoilers rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: to [+] Needs [+] relax [+] [View All]
Luke Roberts
Australia
flag msg tools
Why are people tagging Threads and talking in threads about the rules and using the tag 'spoilers'? Seriously, how the heck can you expect to discuss rules if it's a spoiler for those reading it? Moreover, if you haven't read the rules, stop posting right now, do everyone a huge favour and stop posting in rules related threads where you haven't read the damned rules or have a copy to hand to reference. How can people spoil the game if they have the rules and are reading a specific thread about something they intend to a) comment on or b) get an answer about? What? You haven't read the rules but are going to comment anyways? Nuh uh. Stop using the spoiler tag in thread titles and throughout threads here. It's bloody annoying - we're discussing the game not hiding chunks of it from each other whilst trying to hold a smooth flowing discussion! Thousands of people have the game, indeed the last kickstarter countries are getting games now and the 2nd wave of pre-orders are due for release on the website in less then a week, lots and lots of people have the game and the rules and those that don't can make the mature decision not to read the damned rules threads if it's going to spoil their delicate sensibilities.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Corporal Joe Bauers
United States
flag msg tools
No matter games or life
badge
Honesty over everything
mbmbmb

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Crossman
Canada
flag msg tools
Spoiler (click to reveal)
You mad bro
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Buckley
msg tools
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C M
msg tools
mbmb
Most of the spoilered rules questions are regarding event cards, ai cards, and other things that come up situationally in the game. You could play through the full campaign dozens of times and never encounter them. Other rules questions are regarding the basic rules of playing the game and wouldn't spoil the story at all for people who've read the rules. People are marking questions with the spoiler tag to distinguish between the two as a way of being polite to those who care.

That said this isn't a rules question and is pretty much on a level with people commenting on rules without actually reading the rule so you shouldn't be posting it in the rules section according to your own post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb

Although, I do find it funny with all of the tagging "spoilers" in thread titles, for at least the same reason...
For insurance:
Quote:
Prologue (Spoilers!)
Lion ate my party, wtflolz

Yeah, that was spoiler-worthy. shake

I can understand the conscientious among us not wanting to ruin the surprise of a specific event/card/ability/etc. - which is great - but I think this game has such a hush-hush mythos, that folks haven't wanted to ruin the experience for others.

completely unnecessary spoiler

But, also consider:
another completely unnecessary spoiler

Still, there's a lot of nice folks out there.
it could always be worse laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nick Wirtz
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
The game's highly narrative. Proper warning is nice, especially for those who haven't completed the first play through who're still interested in advice.

I think they'll probably phase out as the bulk of people get more experienced, but I'm happy with the current mode, used with common sense. It's cool to be surprised, both positively and negatively. More memorable to learn to avoid something because it wrecked you than because some guy on the internet told you to avoid it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.