Subject: Final Rush limitations... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jose Soares
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm getting a bit confused during games about who can Final Rush.

1. Direct control doesn't allow to final rush, right ? I can't find where this is stated in the rules.

2. When is it impossible to final Rush even if you have enough movement ?

Reading the rules and FAQ I had the impression that if a unit doesn't start in your front arc that you can't Final Rush them. Is this correct ? So if your cavalry has its back to a unit nearby... can it turn around and Final Rush if it has enough MC ?

3. What happens if a unit in Hold moves and touches an enemy unit's front ? Its not a final rush obviously... are they engaged at all ? Could that enemy unit maneuver and move away ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Ellis
United States
Brookline
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Rashak Mani wrote:
1. Direct control doesn't allow to final rush, right ? I can't find where this is stated in the rules.

Correct. You final rush only if you are on Close and the distance from your front center point to any enemy center point allows it.

Quote:
2. When is it impossible to final Rush even if you have enough movement ?

You may not final rush if you don't have room to fit your card so that it is engaged with the enemy unit.

Quote:
Reading the rules and FAQ I had the impression that if a unit doesn't start in your front arc that you can't Final Rush them. Is this correct ? So if your cavalry has its back to a unit nearby... can it turn around and Final Rush if it has enough MC ?

Your reading is correct. You can't final rush an enemy that didn't begin the movement and command phase in your front arc.

Quote:
3. What happens if a unit in Hold moves and touches an enemy unit's front ? Its not a final rush obviously... are they engaged at all ? Could that enemy unit maneuver and move away ?

Basically you would only move it so it was not quite touching the enemy unit. A unit on Hold will avoid engagement and thus would not make contact with the enemy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jose Soares
Brazil
Brasília
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad_Ellis wrote:
1. Correct. You final rush only if you are on Close and the distance from your front center point to any enemy center point allows it.

If I direct control a unit with "C" order... can he Final Rush ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Ludwig
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
We encountered one problem today... my unit is close enough to final rush an enemy unit to its left (within the MC range), but unfortunately, this unit isn't the nearest unit: another enemy which is positioned directly opposite my unit is slightly nearer, but NOT yet within final rush range.

Provided we didn't get the measurement concept wrong - which enemy has precedence: the unit which is within final rush range or the nearest enemy which would take another full turn until reached? It somehow seems unrealistic to me that my unit would ignore an enemy in final rush range just to move forward with its Close order for another turn?

We measured the distances from the farthest corner of my unit (i.e. the right front corner) to the right front corner of the enemy. Regarding the unit directly opposite, we simply measured the plain distance and not diagonally, as in the "nearest enemy" picture in the rulebook. This differs from the measurement via "Center Point to Center Point" method for final rush - and is the reason why the unit in final rush range isn't identical to the nearest enemy which is measured diagonally.

This allows for another question: when do I use the farthest measurement rule and when is a unit considered to be directly opposite? Two units were almost opposite of each other, differing only in a few degrees, not even a centimeter. Is there a rule of thumb on when units are considered opposing each other? And why didn't you use the Center Point to Center Point measurement for movement as well? It already provided for some confusing and unclear situations when moving and which sides are the "corresponding" sides.

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.