Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
when running out of Revenants minis and a card states to rise 2 new revenants what do you do?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad P
msg tools
mbmbmb
crusher100 wrote:
when running out of Revenants minis and a card states to rise 2 new revenants what do you do?

I am shocked. You ran into a situation where you do not know what to do. I think the default in core game is that if you do not have the models to use the full value of the card the excess is lost.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher Grace
United States
Lynnwood
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eriochrome wrote:
crusher100 wrote:

I am shocked. You ran into a situation where you do not know what to do. I think the default in core game is that if you do not have the models to use the full value of the card the excess is lost.

According to the AC I think the answer is something something imaginationland.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Manuel Castrillo Alonso
Spain
Oviedo
Asturias
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the answer to that is in the first few pages of the quest book. I don't have the book with me right now so I can't tell you the page.

You have an limited quantity of minions determined at the beggining of each quest. You can never get over that limit.

So you wouldn't be able to rise those revenants.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Crusher Crancko
Spain
Granollers
Barcelona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you! the game is good but there are so many things not described that I needed to ask. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raph Moimoi
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This rule is only found in the questooks :
- Dwarf King's Quest/Return of Valandor : model limitations given in each quest
- Warlord of Galahir : specific rule for reinforcements taking into account stuff limitation
- Infernal Crypts, Tyrant of Halpi : nothing special

--> when using undead Overlord, model limitations must be given as the Overlord is casting creatures. All other Overlords only have models on the board to play with.

Nothing in the AC states about these specifications as there are only basic Overlord cards. That would have been smart to tell multiple ways to get minions exist and it's needed to give model limitations.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
bill corlett
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The limits are shown in the set adventures (ie the max of type that can be on the board) but for home brew games, not sure that in the case of the Necromancer that this needs to be specified.

By default a necromancer does not create from scratch he raise dead bodies, so if there is no body (ie no model) you cannot raise it.

In terms of the card is has to be held until you could rais ethe models or simply to run down the clock

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmb
You wont run our of models in any of the pre-written quest, they come with the required amount of models.

For unexplored dungeons, check out the AC pages 73.

"The Overlord can use a maximum of 6 models of each type (for single square models), and up to 2 of each type of larger models."

If you run out of models, then it's up to you, you can either proxy, buy more models, or just limit it to what you have.

Hope that answers your question.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
josh dempsey
China
西安
陕西
flag msg tools
"How many lights do you see?"
badge
"There... are... FOUR... lights!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I think he (the OP) is referring to using the invisible overlord (IO) deck. Two of the cards say to revive two revenants. This is a problem, especially in adventure...2? The one before you fight the banshee lady. There are already two revenants in play, and Dungeon Saga (in you were a backer) only comes with three revenants models. The quest rules also don't mention anything about a limit to the number of revenants.

When this happened to me, I simply revived as many as I could, and ignored the rest... Which was actually a very good thing for the heroes. :-)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.