Popular Tags: [View All]
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Can the game basically be over for the agent?

There's a feature of the board that can automatically guarantee the Agent will be hit on the way out. Is it just a given that the Agent should keep back a Stealth Field or similar for that reason?
Is this feature something that was included by the designer or was this accidental?

It came up in my second game that I could not get out without being attacked and had to concede.

Any other thoughts?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kinkykone wrote:
There's a feature of the board that can automatically guarantee the Agent will be hit on the way out.

What feature is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mathias Heilmann
Germany
Essen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kinkykone wrote:
Can the game basically be over for the agent?

There's a feature of the board that can automatically guarantee the Agent will be hit on the way out. Is it just a given that the Agent should keep back a Stealth Field or similar for that reason?
Is this feature something that was included by the designer or was this accidental?

It came up in my second game that I could not get out without being attacked and had to concede.

Any other thoughts?

The game is always set up in a way that there is one more exit than there are hunters. So even when the gun is sniping for one exit, you can just choose another one. Maybe you thought that you have to exit the board at the same location you entered it?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay, here is the feature (I've spoilered it in case you don't want to know)

Spoiler (click to reveal)
The Gun stands on S8 and does Sniper Shot to the west. Another Hunter stands at V8, blocking the only route past The Gun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Tarr
United States
Floyds Knobs
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're down to 1 health and no cards your chances are pretty slim regardless. But you're right. They can block you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle W
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
haHi~
badge
Hahi~
mbmbmbmbmb
This exact scenario happened to me in our first 3-player game. It definitely seems like an oversight, even if you have to be a bad position for it to work out.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emerson @NazcaGames
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
If you have no equipment and down to your last HP and weren't able to get ahead of the hunters, then it's game over. Was this an oversight? No, the hunters can legitimately win that way. That said, the Gun's sniper shot ability originally had her roll two dice to attack rather than an automatic hit which didn't guarantee the hunters' win.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrea R
Italy
flag msg tools
mbmb
Please don't get me wrong in asking this question since.. i'm aware it's quite none of my business but how come her power was changed?

Whenever i played with any group i have to say not a single person didn't want to get "The gun" as it feels (in my personal opinion) slightly more powerful than the others (well not itself but as the best one to pair it with anyone else, in other words it is never left out) and have one move that give a 100% sure hit regardless of the situation did strike me a bit odd.

Said this i love the game and i do think it does an amazing job in keep the tension on both sides. This won't change my overall opinion, i was just curious and i was wondering if there is a way to avoid this to happen.
That's all.
Thank you in advance!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Francis
Australia
Maryborough
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
nazcagames wrote:
If you have no equipment and down to your last HP and weren't able to get ahead of the hunters, then it's game over. Was this an oversight? No, the hunters can legitimately win that way. That said, the Gun's sniper shot ability originally had her roll two dice to attack rather than an automatic hit which didn't guarantee the hunters' win.

Thank you, I appreciate the clarification. I will point this out to my group and plan better next time ☺

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.