Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Wray Cason
United States
Everett
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
In a word, I would say yes. This game can be good.

This is a simple question and answer game centered on the doctrine and scripture of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. LDS or Mormon are other unofficial names for the church that you might be more familiar with. If you are not Mormon or have any interest in the church, this game will not interest you in the slightest. Otherwise read on. I hope I can help you somewhat.

If you are familiar with the LDS game market, you know that it is a great wasteland for the most part. There are very few LDS games that I consider worthwhile. This one is perhaps a bit hard to categorize because it is not quite so much a game as it is a study aid.

Does it sound like fun yet?

The game consists of four decks or cards. One for each of the following subjects:

Old Testament
New Testament
Book of Mormon
Church Doctrine and Organization

Each deck is split up into four difficulty levels worth 5, 10, 15 and 25 points respectively. On your turn, you pick a subject. Your opponent then reads the 5 point question to you. If you answer correctly, you move on to the 15 point question. It continues thusly until you either correctly answer the 25 point question or you give an incorrect answer. In either case, you score the point for the last correct answer you gave. 25 points being the best score you can achieve on a turn.

That is basically the whole game. As a "game", it is pretty aweful. There just isn't much game there. As a family home evening or seminary activity that has a competitive edge to it, it is fine. I rated this game 6 because it is perfectly enjoyable for what it is and I enjoy playing it from time to time.

To summarize, if you don't care about LDS scripture or doctrine, don't waste your time with this. If you want a gaming experience, this game will likely leave you wanting. If you want a gospel oriented quiz game, this is the best one I am aware of. There are others that paint a gospel lesson onto a horrid roll and move game or similar. Those other games ask you to enjoy a game experience that it can't deliver. This one on the other hand doesn't presume to be anything more then a good gospel quiz. If that is what you want, then that is what this game will give you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.